Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 06:42 AM   #151
noonoo
noonoo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapozyan View Post
How many monitors you have? It happened once for me on my 2nd monitor.
It is definitely related to the screen calibre is on when you click on the Power Search button.
- If I start calibre and move it to the primary screen Power Search will always terminate calibre
- If I start calibre and move it to the secondary screen (external monitor) it will not crash. After having clicked on the Power Search button once it will not crash even if moved to the primary screen (in the same session)

It is probably a Qt glitch (?). I can live with the workaround :-)
noonoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:15 AM   #152
noonoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonoo View Post
It is definitely related to the screen calibre is on when you click on the Power Search button.
- If I start calibre and move it to the primary screen Power Search will always terminate calibre
- If I start calibre and move it to the secondary screen (external monitor) it will not crash. After having clicked on the Power Search button once it will not crash even if moved to the primary screen (in the same session)

It is probably a Qt glitch (?). I can live with the workaround :-)
One last addition to the above.
- calibre crashes if main gui is on primary screen and Power Search dialog opens on secondary screen
- my windows destop is extended to the secondary screen
Advert
Old 04-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #153
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonoo View Post
One last addition to the above.
- calibre crashes if main gui is on primary screen and Power Search dialog opens on secondary screen
- my windows destop is extended to the secondary screen
Thanks! I can reproduce it now. Will try to fix it.
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #154
javadev
javadev began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Confusing

Hi,

I got the power search icon and able to see the options in the dialog. After nothing works. i created new index. however on entering a keyword and clicked search.it again start indexing..

It is very confusing...Can someone helps clearly with the installation steps with screenshots...especially in the configuration....

I'm using latest calibre software

please help

thanks
javadev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #155
noonoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by javadev View Post
Hi,

I got the power search icon and able to see the options in the dialog. After nothing works. i created new index. however on entering a keyword and clicked search.it again start indexing..

thanks
Power Search will index all new books ervery time you search if you have 'automatically index all new books on search' enabled in your options dialog.
Advert
Old 04-30-2021, 01:31 PM   #156
Televangelist
Televangelist began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hello all! I have a couple of quick questions:

1. Is this compatible with Japanese and/or Chinese language texts?

2. I would like to make my library full-text searchable in the cloud, with a Calibre content server; does that work, or is this only on your local machine?
Televangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:59 PM   #157
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Hi Televangelist,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televangelist View Post
1. Is this compatible with Japanese and/or Chinese language texts?
Never tried personally but I guess it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Televangelist View Post
2. I would like to make my library full-text searchable in the cloud, with a Calibre content server; does that work, or is this only on your local machine?
You can install ElasticSearch in the cloud and setup your PowerSearch such as it will point to the remote URL. Not sure though if it will meet all your security requirements, need to take closer look.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #158
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I had to format my PC last week, and reinstall everything. Since then, I've discovered that 2.0.1 does not reindex NEW books - despite that being the chosen setting. It reindexes ALL books. I did a complete reindex when I reinstalled Calibre 2 days ago, then today added 4 new books and selected "reindex new books". Power Search proceeded to reindex the entire library again. So I tested it out by adding one new book just now, and selecting "reindex new books". Again, Power Search is busy reindexing ALL books. How do I fix this?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:22 AM   #159
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Further to this in case it helps: When I carefully made sure to select "reindex new books" before trying to reindex one new book, I noticed that the progress bar started at and remained at 100%, while starting the actual indexing all over again, as in the attached screenshot. It did this both times I tried reindexing just one new book
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reindex.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	187582  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #160
mapozyan
Connoisseur

Hi Uncle Robin and thanks for your feedback.

First of all, I suspect that after reinstalling Calibre you got some new library ID which actually has GUID format.

You can take closer look at your caps.json file that you will find in %APPDATA%\calibre\plugins folder.

For me it looks like this:

Code:
{
  "autoindex": false,
  "concurrency": 5,
  "e5b4b71b-b652-498e-91b8-9b7235d4b734": {
    "index_state": {
      "1013:RAR": {
        "__class__": "datetime.datetime",
        "__value__": "2020-06-07T22:37:09.753607+00:00"
      },
      "1014:RAR": {
        "__class__": "datetime.datetime",
        "__value__": "2020-06-07T22:37:09.981606+00:00"
      },
}
So for me my library ID is e5b4b71b-b652-498e-91b8-9b7235d4b734.

Once you reinstall Calibre you will presumably get another ID and this will trigger full reindex.

But why it would reindex all your books again I have no clue yet.

What you can try is to make a backup of your caps.json file, then add another book and finally compare new json file with previous one. This will give you a good hint on what is going.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #161
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Here are my two - the one I copied after reading your post, and the one generated after adding one book, and having to wait for a full reindex again:

Code:
{
  "autoindex": true,
  "concurrency": 3,
  "elasticsearch_launch_path": "",
  "elasticsearch_url": "localhost:9200",
  "file_formats": "AZW3,AZW4,CHM,DJV,DJVU,DOC,DOCX,EPUB,FB2,KFX,MOBI,PDB,PDF,RAR,RTF,TXT,ZIP",
  "geometry": {
    "__class__": "bytearray",
    "__value__": "AdnQywADAAAAAAZzAAADOgAACtsAAAW4AAAGdAAAA2QAAAraAAAFtwAAAAAAAAAADwAAAAZ0AAADZAAACtoAAAW3"
  },
  "pdftotext_path": "pdftotext",
  "search_lru": {
    "0": "lullaby"
  },
  "version": [
  ]
}
NEW

Code:
{
  "autoindex": true,
  "concurrency": 3,
  "elasticsearch_launch_path": "",
  "elasticsearch_url": "localhost:9200",
  "file_formats": "AZW3,AZW4,CHM,DJV,DJVU,DOC,DOCX,EPUB,FB2,KFX,MOBI,PDB,PDF,RAR,RTF,TXT,ZIP",
  "geometry": {
    "__class__": "bytearray",
    "__value__": "AdnQywADAAAAAAZzAAADOgAACtsAAAW4AAAGdAAAA2QAAAraAAAFtwAAAAAAAAAADwAAAAZ0AAADZAAACtoAAAW3"
  },
  "pdftotext_path": "pdftotext",
  "search_lru": {
    "0": "lullaby"
  },
  "version": [
  ]
}
both show the last word I searched for "lullaby". I hope you can make sense of this, because I can't sorry.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:48 AM   #162
mapozyan
Connoisseur

Thanks!
I know what is going on, please give me a couple of days to release the fix.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:00 AM   #163
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapozyan View Post
Thanks!
I know what is going on, please give me a couple of days to release the fix.
No rush, I'm just pleased for once it wasn't MY fault
Old 06-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #164
mgiuntoni
mgiuntoni began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air 4g, kindle paperwhite
Power Search with multiple Libraries

Hi mapozyan,
I've seen some similar question in the thread but I couldn't find a reply.
If I have multiple calibre libraries, do I have to index only one time or one for each library?
mgiuntoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:24 PM   #165
mapozyan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgiuntoni View Post
Hi mapozyan,
I've seen some similar question in the thread but I couldn't find a reply.
If I have multiple calibre libraries, do I have to index only one time or one for each library?
Hi,

Multiple libraries are not supported in 2.0.1 but I am planning to add such support soon.