Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
nuke
nuke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3, Paperwhite 2021, Scribe 1
Edit individual schedules?

First my apologies for what might be a total newbie question. I've read through the FAQ on the Calibre website, user manual, and searched the forums. I'm not sure the terms I should be using to search so perhaps I've missed a relevant discussion.

I got a Kindle K3 last week and started playing with it and Calibre. I have 2 questions.

1) How do I modify an individual schedule? I can't for the life of me find a menu, button or right click to modify a schedule?
2) I set up 6 magazines & newspapers. I would like the newspaper news feed schedule to run each day. The magazines every month. In addition, the newspapers should be kept a few days then old versions removed. The magazines kept for a month or two.

It looks to me like you can only set the amount of time globally for all feeds. ie. all feeds kept for 60 days instead of some for a few days and some for 60 days. How can I set the feed schedule to keep each feed a different amount of time?

Thanks.
nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think you're confusing retention of the "papers" created by Calibre, which is what you'll find in the lower righthand corner of the news window, with the schedule of downloading the individual feeds, which you'll find in the righthand half of said window, just below the feeds title and description. You can set the downloading schedule individually, but you can't individually set how long the downloaded feeds stay in the library.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
nuke

Thank you for your quick reply and answering one of my questions. I now understand that you set the retention time for feeds globally.

It would be really nice if you could set the individual download feeds retention time.

Could you give me a hint how can I edit a feed schedule after it has been created?

I think I read somewhere that it should be available if you put the Advanced button, but I don't have one in 0.7.20 on the Mac. (Or I'm too blind to see it. <grin>)
Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
Thank you for your quick reply and answering one of my questions. I now understand that you set the retention time for feeds globally.

It would be really nice if you could set the individual download feeds retention time.

Could you give me a hint how can I edit a feed schedule after it has been created?

I think I read somewhere that it should be available if you put the Advanced button, but I don't have one in 0.7.20 on the Mac. (Or I'm too blind to see it. <grin>)
See the attached really incredibly embarrasingly bad screenshot. First marked line is to select exactly when it should be downloaded (e.g. "each day at 12 PM"), second line is alternatively when it should be downloaded (e.g. "daily").
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	188
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	59000  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
nuke

Danke! I now understand what you meant.

How can I get to that dialog box shown in the screenshot after I have saved the script (feed)? Or how do I delete the script to try again?

I can't find anyway to modify or delete those feeds.

Last edited by nuke; 09-28-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

I don't understand the question. After you've saved the schedule settings, you can re-open the box the same way you initially got it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
nuke

Ooooh. That's how you do it. (Oh, do I feel stupid!)

I was looking for some right-click or double-click or menu item "Edit Schedules".

I never thought to look in the Schedule News Download again.

Thanks so much.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
kudos2011
kudos2011 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Is there a way to set/reset the time for all scheduled sources in one go (instead of having the change it for each individual news source)? If not, could this perhaps find its way onto the to do list as a future feature? (I understand it's minor, but it saves a heck of a lot of time.)
kudos2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos2011 View Post
Is there a way to set/reset the time for all scheduled sources in one go (instead of having the change it for each individual news source)? If not, could this perhaps find its way onto the to do list as a future feature? (I understand it's minor, but it saves a heck of a lot of time.)
I don't think this is an option currently. The only way to get this on the "to do" list is to submit an enhancement request via the bug/enhancement tracker explained here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote