Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Acrobat Ebooks

Hi all...my first post.

I received an email today from "May" from "Jinke". The Hanlin V2 will not be able to show downloaded .pdfs from Amazon.com with DRM.

My question to all you guys and gals is simply this - Assuming the reason you wanted to buy an ebook reader was to BUY new ebooks in great numbers would not the above issue rule out the Hanlin V2 reader? or not?

Please explain why - maybe I have missed the point and ebooks can work with the Hanlin Book reader from other sources - I do not know.

Cheers
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Leanna99
Leanna99 began at the beginning.

shousa-- Thanks for the question. It is exactly the one I wanted to post, but had not yet. I am also looking for a reader that I can buy new books (usually in pdf), download them, and read them. Amazon is where I have found the books I want. Is there a reader that can do this? I thought the Hanlin would, but I guess not.
Leanna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
At the moment there is no reader (eink) that can do this. The only device that even has this on the list of possibilities right now is the Iliad.
The question however is, whether the devices should follow the format or if it might be possible that formats for the devices start appearing.
But at the moment there is little you can do.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
Leanna99
Leanna99 began at the beginning.

Are there any non e-ink devices that can do this? I am in need of a reader, but have yet to find one that will do me any good. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!!
Leanna99 is offline   Reply With Quote