Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
"borrow" ebooks from a co-worker?

I want to check out some ebooks a co-worker has bought from Sony eBook Store. Can I de-authorize my reader on my own account then authorize it on his account? After I finish the books I would just do the reverse and go back to my own account.

Have anyone tried this? Any side effects to the ebooks I have bought?
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
mdhuang
Bookworm

Just to clarify, what I actually borrow is one of the six device slots of his account for a period of time. After I de-authorize my reader from his account, I will not be able to read the ebooks he bought. I think it is a fair game within Sony's license limmits.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Or you could just exchange Readers for a couple of days.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
mdhuang
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Or you could just exchange Readers for a couple of days.
Good idea if he would take my 500 for his 505
Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Haven't tried it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Just out of curiosity, what are the books you plan to read?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
mdhuang
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Haven't tried it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Just out of curiosity, what are the books you plan to read?
Just some popular non-fictions like the tipping point, freakonomics, and become a better you, etc. It would take a while to finish them. So swapping the readers is not an option. But I think there should not be any problem authorize/de-authorize the reader many times. Will try it out tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:30 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That'll work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote