Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 11:19 PM   #1
helenharry
helenharry began at the beginning.

Device: helenharry
I tried to convert it with the K2ODFOpt software

Hi

I have downloaded a PDF format book to read on my tablet with either Prestigio e-Reader or EzPdf. The book reads fine with Acrobat on my PC, but it doesn'i open in the tablet ( Samsung galaxy 4), as it does with all the other PDF books.

I tried to convert it with the K2ODFOpt software, as I have done many times, but it still doesn't open in the e-reader.

I ran a sample of the converted book in Acrobat Reader and it works perfectly. It is an old book belonging to the C.G. Jung Collected Works collection. The book was originally published in the 1920/30's and the Archive.org site from which I downloaded it for free must have digitalized it in more recent times. It shouldn't matter, though, because many of the books I previously converted with K2PDFOpt were just as old and they work like a charm in my tablet. I can't figure out what is wrong.

Any help ?
helenharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The PDF books on archive.org are scanned images and can be quite large. Maybe the file is too large for your tablet.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It would be helpful for you to post a link to the book in question so other people can try it.

Moved to the "Workshop" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe this thread should be merged into the k2pdfopt: optimizes PDFs for viewing on e-readers thread, so that k2pdfopt devs and users can respond.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote