Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 07:06 AM   #631
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon’s Best of Prime 2018: Prime Members Worldwide Ordered Two Billion Products with One-Day Delivery or Faster

Quote:
Amazon’s annual Best of Prime celebrates what members shopped for, watched, listened to, read and played in the last year
Quote:
Best of Prime 2018: Fastest Deliveries of the Last Year

Members went bananas for ultra-fast delivery. In fact, bananas were the top item purchased with Prime Now and Amazon Fresh. The fastest Prime Now deliveries of 2018 in the U.S. include:
  • 8 minutes in Berkeley, CA to deodorize with Hartz Home Protection Lavender Scent Odor-Eliminating Gel Dog Pads
  • 9 minutes in Kirkland, WA to game with the Nintendo SNES Classic
  • 9 minutes in Los Angeles, CA to relieve with the TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball and Excedrin Migraine Caplets
  • 9 minutes in Seattle, WA to sip La Crema Pinot Noir
  • 9 minutes in Charlotte, NC to carry to school with the High Sierra Loop Backpack
Instead of bragging about some one-off super fast deliveries, how about fixing your broken two-day delivery system, the core reason for Prime membership to begin with?!

Besides being Best of Prime 2018 Day, today is also Adios Prime Day for monkey. Today is my last day on Prime and I'm not renewing it. Somehow, I can't find it in myself to pay Amazon $119 for slow delivery.

Besides two-day shipping, Prime Video was the other reason I kept Prime. It was my only paid video subscription service. But now that I have Hulu for a year at $0.99/month, who needs Prime?

So celebrate your broken delivery system all you want, Amazon, and I'll celebrate the fact that I now have an extra $107 in my pocket

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-03-2018 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:24 AM   #632
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon’s Best of Prime 2018: Prime Members Worldwide Ordered Two Billion Products with One-Day Delivery or Faster

Members went bananas for ultra-fast delivery. In fact, bananas were the top item purchased with Prime Now and Amazon Fresh.
Not any more
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #633
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon’s Air Network Expands to Support the Growth of Prime Fast, Free Shipping for Customers

Quote:
Amazon expands the long term partnership with ATSG – leases 10 additional 767-300 dedicated Amazon cargo aircraft, increasing the fleet to 50 aircraft

The Amazon Air operation launched two years ago and in that time, 40 aircraft have joined the fleet operating out of 21 air gateways, and more are on the way
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 21, 2018-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon continues to invest in ways to provide fast, free delivery for customers. Today, the company announced an expansion of its partnership with Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (ATSG) by leasing an additional 10 aircraft to support Amazon’s growth. Amazon previously leased 40 Boeing 767 freighter aircraft in 2016, 20 of those with ATSG, all of which are now flying serving customers in the Amazon Air network. The 10 additional cargo planes will consist of Boeing 767-300 aircraft, will be operated on Amazon’s behalf by an ATSG airline, and will join the air cargo operation over the next two years.

Amazon Air’s operation launched in 2016 supporting package delivery to the rapidly growing number of customers who love fast delivery, great prices and vast selection. With advanced algorithms and software used for capacity and route planning, the Amazon Air operation can transport hundreds of thousands of packages per day. In addition, with Amazon’s dedicated air network, Amazon is able to deliver packages to its customers faster – 40 aircraft are flying in and out of gateway operations at over 20 airports, making two-day shipping possible almost anywhere in the U.S.

“Our customers love massive selection and fast delivery, and the Amazon Air capacity we are building enables Prime delivery speeds for customers from Seattle, Washington to Miami, Florida,” said Dave Clark, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Operations at Amazon. “By expanding the Amazon Air network through our partnership with ATSG we’re able to ensure we have the capacity to quickly and efficiently deliver packages to customers for years to come.”
Old 12-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #634
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Does that sound like slight overkill to anyone else? I guess if you can fill them planes full most of the time, it can only be cheaper than have someone else ship it.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:48 AM   #635
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK have completely discontinued "no-rush" shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Rush-Del...ode=5347212031
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 06:51 AM   #636
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Amazon UK have completely discontinued "no-rush" shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Rush-Del...ode=5347212031
Quote:
Join Prime today to get amazing delivery benefits along with...
I bet the new amazing delivery benefits will be slow shipping without any additional compensation. "Join Prime today and get free slow shipping"
Old 01-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #637
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I bet the new amazing delivery benefits will be slow shipping without any additional compensation. "Join Prime today and get free slow shipping"

The UK being quite small, we do get free next day shipping with Prime. In some areas, free same-day shipping.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #638
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Even when I choose No Rush Shipping it usually arrives within two days.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #639
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I am actually glad the UK no rush credit option is gone.
I was buying far too much cheap stuff that I did no really need as I was hooked on accumulating credits to convert to free books & videos- so I am spending less at amazon now.
I suspect amazon over-recruited on Couriers and now have the capacity to deliver all prime orders next day - they now deliver on Sundays also
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #640
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I really miss it. It's reduced the value of Prime to me by at least £50 a year.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:22 PM   #641
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Even when I choose No Rush Shipping it usually arrives within two days.
Apache
When I chose two-day shipping, I frequently got it a week or two later.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #642
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I am actually glad the UK no rush credit option is gone.
I was buying far too much cheap stuff that I did no really need as I was hooked on accumulating credits to convert to free books & videos- so I am spending less at amazon now.
I suspect amazon over-recruited on Couriers and now have the capacity to deliver all prime orders next day - they now deliver on Sundays also
Quote:
When I chose two-day shipping, I frequently got it a week or two later.
I had an Amazon order that was scheduled for delivery last Sunday. I usually have my packages delivered to my store. I forgot to change the delivery address to my home for a Sunday delivery. On Sunday I check the tracking to see if they are going to schedule a Monday delivery. I see on USPS.com that the postman stated that he handed it off at the store. Since we were closed and no one was there to hand off to I was curious. I drove over to my store and found the package sitting in front of my door. Anyone walking by could pick it up and walk off with it. The smoothie place two doors down was open. I do not understand why he couldn't have given it to them and posted a notice to that effect on my door. It would definitely been a more secure option. I know that if I had not gotten there when I did it would have been gone by the next day.
Apache
Old 01-21-2019, 05:07 AM   #643
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I had an Amazon order that was scheduled for delivery last Sunday. I usually have my packages delivered to my store. I forgot to change the delivery address to my home for a Sunday delivery. On Sunday I check the tracking to see if they are going to schedule a Monday delivery. I see on USPS.com that the postman stated that he handed it off at the store. Since we were closed and no one was there to hand off to I was curious. I drove over to my store and found the package sitting in front of my door. Anyone walking by could pick it up and walk off with it. The smoothie place two doors down was open. I do not understand why he couldn't have given it to them and posted a notice to that effect on my door. It would definitely been a more secure option. I know that if I had not gotten there when I did it would have been gone by the next day.
Apache
What the delivery person claims to have done and what they actually do are frequently two different things. Within the last month, I had a package that required a signature. I was at home working in my home office. I get the notice that they had tried to deliver and no one was at home. My home office overlooks the street and I can hear when a delivery truck comes by. I called the delivery company and told them he never came by so send him back. They eventually sent him back. He dropped the package off at the door and didn't wait for the signature.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #644
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I really miss it. It's reduced the value of Prime to me by at least £50 a year.
It was a nice bonus, to me, but I find I don't really need much actual stuff these days, so physical orders were few and far between.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #645
Apache
Readaholic

Our son and his family are moving back to this area so I purchased a car seat, a booster seat and two pads to protect the car seats. I purchased these items from Amazon on Sunday and I used the No Rush Option. The car seat and pads are being delivered today and the booster seat tomorrow. They were originally supposed to arrive by the 29th of January.
Apache