Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #61
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Is there a Calibre plug-in you use for that?
There's EpubMerge.

Personally, I go the other way - I use EpubSplit to convert omnibuses into individual volumes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:07 AM   #62
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Is there a Calibre plug-in you use for that?
The actual merge is done with the EPubMerge plugin.
The process that automates the merging is something I wrote myself.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #63
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There's EpubMerge.

Personally, I go the other way - I use EpubSplit to convert omnibuses into individual volumes.
I do this also.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:52 AM   #64
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
I use calibre. To track to-be-read I use the star rating column. I give it a star to-read and no stars otherwise. Super fast and easy. I just moved my collection (4000?) from pc to mac without issue. I use calibre for journal articles, manga, fiction, non-fiction, scanned books, textbooks, etc. Very much a workhorse. I pay Kovid $20 every so often because it is by far the best piece of software I’ve ever owned.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #65
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I hate it when I buy something that I already own!

Amazon is quite good about telling you what you've purchased from them in the past, so you don't re-buy. That doesn't help you if you routinely buy from different sources though.

Just today, I went to buy a book and Amazon warned me that I had already bought it back in 2013. Today's trigger to purchase it was that it was $0.00. Why not "buy" a free book? I looked back at my old 2013 order, and sure enough, I had bought it for $0.00 back then. Once a cheapskate, always a cheapskate I guess. Maybe I'll get around to reading it before it goes on sale again for $0.00 in another decade or so - that way I might remember the name of the book and not try to buy it again!
Ah yes, Amazon has had to remind me too when I go to purchase. I think an issue is having such a huge wishlist over the years, and library, it all gets confusing on what's owned and when.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #66
DianaSmith
DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Sony Reader
I bought an ebook and I'm interested in reading it.
DianaSmith is offline   Reply With Quote