Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 04:01 AM   #16
azt33
Enthusiast
azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Any where that is comfortable. I will even read standing up, but I prefer to sit or lay.
Apache
Same here. Most frequently it's my sofa, but bed as well (which has started to become more and more uncomfortable actually...). Favourite spots are around water, preferably sea, lake, ocean and the likes. I'll take pool if I have no other choice
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #17
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I'm another one that can read anywhere, but my favourite spot is in my sun room. It's quiet and I have a comfy sofa where I can curl up and read for hours.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2019, 04:27 AM   #18
BilboBaggins
BilboBaggins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2
My very favorite places are at home, on my sofa, or in a garden.
BilboBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #19
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2
In bed, in the quiet, no tv or music, usually with white/brown noise in the background. I did some reading at the beach (Kure Beach NC) last week, but preferred watching the grandkids and big kids play in the surf. Oldest grandson (11) was never without a book while there.

I can read anywhere, but the older I've gotten the more I need quiet. Very quiet background music is ok as long as it's instrumental with no lyrics. If there are words/lyrics, my brain sings along.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #20
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
Stretched out on my porch swing when weather permits, which is most days here in So. California. Like most of you, I can read anywhere. No problem with motion sickness, so airplanes, cars, trains, buses - all ok. Usually do pretty well in waiting rooms, restaurants, etc., unless someone is be especially obnoxious or too loud.
Much prefer comfort and solitude - camping near a lake or river - great places to read.
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #21
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My recliner. I still miss my old couch. I also now read 15-30 minutes in bed before sleep.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:06 PM   #22
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Usually do pretty well in waiting rooms, restaurants, etc., unless someone is be especially obnoxious or too loud.
Doctor's waiting rooms around here have televisions now, usually set up incorrectly as far as the aspect ratios, and usually turned up very loud to a cable news channel. It's horrific.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #23
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
UGH! Time for Bluetooth earbuds and an audiobook!
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #24
Deskisamess
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabana View Post
UGH! Time for Bluetooth earbuds and an audiobook!
Earbuds, a white-noise app, and a book on my iPhone.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #25
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Note 2, Samsung S5(use as reader) Samsung Tab A
In front of my pc monitor, second to that my recliner on my tablet.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #26
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
My favorite place is outdoors when the weather is nice with a mild breeze and cloudy - preferably in a comfortable seat by the waterfront, which I sadly only get to do a few times a year, or the rare times in the mountains or beautiful scenes (not often enough by years)

At home I have a few favorite spots - bathtub is a big one, I go all out with self-indulgence. Otherwise it's nice on the couch with ambience videos on youtube, or in bed. If the weather is nice, which isn't as often as I'd like since it's Florida), I sometimes like reading outside on my porch, either sitting up on a chair or laying on the porch couch.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:48 PM   #27
Dramina
Banned
Dramina began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (2018) 8GB WiFi IPX 8 - Black
I prefer on the window
Dramina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:22 AM   #28
Emily Williamson
Emily Williamson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reading

While travelling with my wife and sometimes I prefer at home. When I'm in London visiting my wife, we like to sit out in the carport and read there.
Emily Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:06 PM   #29
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Bathroom.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #30
MarjaE
Evangelist
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD and Amazon Kindle DX
Walking around outside--

As long as I don't get chased or cornered by dogs, smoked out by cigarettes, or hit by loud/painful/disorienting noise and flashing lights.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote