Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
Timboli
Evangelist
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
How to read more books ... and then some

I had this excellent video pointed out to me today, which I am sure many or you will relate to in some way, ebook or physical book wise. I have yet to watch it all, but the first 6.5 minutes was very entertaining, even illuminating ... and funny too.

So for those of you who haven't seen it.

How to read more books

Enjoy!

Last edited by Timboli; 07-30-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Honestly, this video is worth just seeing those fabulous bookstores! But, my habit is to only be online 1/2 hour at a time, so will have to finish it later. Thanks so much for the link!

Last edited by Tarana; 07-07-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2019, 01:59 PM   #3
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Fire 7, Kindle Paperwhite Manga, Ipad 9.7 (2018)
I saw the video independently and didn't feel anything. The uploaded is lucky to visit all these gorgeous libraries but I'm a bit younger than him and have more free time. The humor was not worthy of a bombing stand-up comedian. Sorry about my candor.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I really enjoyed this. Being on the older side, I have too much yarn and too many books.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #5
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
I love how the video was done, good job and working humor.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #6
AnotherCat
Me
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Anything
Thanks for putting the link to the video up - I enjoyed it and thought it very well done.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #7
infobooks
infobooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks

Thanks . will definitely watch it to see.
infobooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:04 AM   #8
jasjones845
jasjones845 began at the beginning.

Device: None
I really enjoyed the video that you shared here. Thank you for sharing such stuff here with us.
jasjones845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:41 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have to say, a video about how to read more books by someone who reads (for pleasure) one book a year isn't really going to help many people at MobileRead.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have to say, a video about how to read more books by someone who reads (for pleasure) one book a year isn't really going to help many people at MobileRead.
I had no patience with him, either. He's obviously someone who likes the idea of reading books, but doesn't like to read. People who want to squeeze in a few more books can benefit from a tip or two as well as a few home truths about where their time is going, but they are reading already.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 AM   #11
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova ((previous Onyx Boox N96 ML, Onyx Boox i86ML Plus and M92)
I appreciated the analytical approach of that guy about splitting days in small periods of time and build habits.
I must read his blog
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #12
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
The way I read more is to always have my book with me and anytime I have a free minute or more, I read. I am a proponent of self driving cars because this will free up more time to read. Back when computers were slow I would read while waiting. Now that they are faster I have less time to read.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #13
Timboli
Evangelist
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Thanks for the thanks folks, I was sure some of you would appreciate it, even if just for the humor or quirks.

I'm not sure how serious we are really meant to take things, as clearly there is a streak of humor running through the video, and it all seems pretty scripted for entertainment effect, some good reading habits aside maybe.

I find it does illustrate a few things, and makes you ponder a few others, but I certainly would not look to it for a guide to my reading habits or help with time management when it comes to reading.

There was a time where I used to force myself to read, so I could get through a larger amount, but in the end that kind of backfired, so now I read as the mood takes me, and I make selections to encourage the mood over certain patches, and save tougher reads for a more conducive time ... which I also aim to encourage ... get a bit of Reading Steam up first.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #14
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I definitely enjoyed it for the humor although I didn't finish it. One thing that struck me is the visiting of those incredible book stores. They were fun to look at but didn't have anything to do with how to read more; a good example of how TV/youtube has to pad with stuff that's merely entertaining/eye candy rather than informative.

As far as how to read more, if you have to discipline yourself to read 30 minutes a day I think you're reading the wrong books, unless you have to read War and Peace or Finnegan's Wake for a class. If you read books that are fun and enjoyable you'll finish them in no time at all.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #15
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
I had this excellent video pointed out to me today, which I am sure many or you will relate to in some way, ebook or physical book wise. I have yet to watch it all, but the first 6.5 minutes was very entertaining, even illuminating ... and funny too.

So for those of you who haven't seen it.

How to read more books

Enjoy!
Step 1, don’t watch a 37min YouTube video
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote