Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #31
tourneur
tourneur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Lying down on the couch or the bed. When it's warm, sunny weather it's nice to read in the park but I need a quiet spot cause I tend to get distracted easily by ambient sounds.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #32
ekbell
Evangelist
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lounging on my bed with lots of pillows and my Peeramid Bookrest.
ekbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #33
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Doctor's waiting rooms around here have televisions now, usually set up incorrectly as far as the aspect ratios, and usually turned up very loud to a cable news channel. It's horrific.
Complain. Several doctor's offices now leave the TV off or switched to some kind of gentle music channel after I complained. News channels cause more anxiety, and it is just plain exhausting to listen to all that noise. Most people have smart phones and can entertain themselves. Most of those without devices read the daily newspaper that is typically available. The newly remodeled hospital ER eliminated the TVs although they do have them in the ER patient rooms (hardly anybody ever turns those on).

Last edited by Tarana; 09-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #34
HLS
HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Kindle Oasis,Paperwhite,Ook Glowlight Plus, KOBO Aura,H2O, Cara
I like to go to a park with a lake to read shh is what I am about to do now
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #35
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Doctor's waiting rooms around here have televisions now, usually set up incorrectly as far as the aspect ratios, and usually turned up very loud to a cable news channel. It's horrific.
I agree, and a lot of it is now advertising videos like if you're at the dentist office and it keeps cycling with tooth replacement procedures.

I used to enjoy eating at local restaurants for a treat sometimes and reading, but they are harder to find now. Some of them keep blaring music, and the others play sports on TV. I enjoy music too, but reading and restaurants don't seem to mix together anymore.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote