Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Frontlit or Non-Frontlit E-Readers?
I prefer Frontlit E-Readers 96 88.07%
I prefer E-Readers without a Frontlight 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #76
Gibbo
Fanatic
Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2 - Nvidia Shield K1 - Galaxy S8+
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I used to wear a headlamp, Petzl, for reading in the dark or in restaurants who thought one candle per table was adequate lighting. I remember meeting friends at a restaurant, a couple, and when I put on my headlamp to read the menu the wife ordered me to take it off.

"I can't see the menu."
"You look like an idiot."
"I don't care."
"I demand you take that thing off." I whipped out a 3x5 index card and started writing. "What are you writing?" she demanded to know.

I held the card up and read, "Reason #186 I don't have a wife."

I like frontlit readers and if the light were to be too bright, I'm bright enough to turn it down. Now that I read Kindles, only one room in my house has lights bright enough to read by and it isn't the room where I sleep.
love your post
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #77
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Perhaps it's time to give certain jokes a rest? They're dated and played out and even if they were funny once, they're really not funny any longer.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:41 PM   #78
najgori
Connoisseur
najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.najgori is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: many

najgori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:15 AM   #79
tourneur
tourneur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
I really prefer reading with just daylight as it strains my eyes less. But in the evening it's great to have the front light. I turn it on only just enough so it has a similar 'reflection' to daylight reading.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote