Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
Thumbs up browsing all files over USB with the Onyx Boox Note Pro

TL;DR: I can't see all files and folders when connected over USB to the Note Pro with a Debian stretch machine in PTP mode. How do people browse all files on the e-reader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
I use Solid Explorer on my Nova Pro and can see all folders and files including those on root directory
So I know I can install another file manager and see more stuff, that's not a big limitation. My problem is that, *from the computer*, I don't see all the files when connected over USB in PTP mode: I only see "DCIM" and "Pictures" (not, for example, Books or notes).

I spun this off from another thread.

Update: MTP works well, including with Calibre, once udev is fixed, see this thread for details.

Last edited by anarcat; 06-18-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: solved, with udev hack
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
That's android showing you that fake/managed view of the filesystem over usb. If you really want to see everything maybe try adb.

https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
That's android showing you that fake/managed view of the filesystem over usb. If you really want to see everything maybe try adb.

https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb
Interesting. I was assuming this wouldn't work, but it's true it might just do it. Hardly qualifies as a user-friendly solution, unfortunately...

Update: adb doesn't detect any device:

Code:
$ adb devices -l
List of devices attached
I have a working adb setup here: I've used it to flash, root and otherwise hack at Android devices without problems before.

I have also tried listing files on the device with jmtpfs, no go.

*But* I found a way to fix the MTP support by hacking at udev, see this other thread for details.

Last edited by anarcat; 06-18-2019 at 09:49 PM. Reason: adb is no go, jmtpfs either, udev hack required then bliss
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debug, file manager, notepro, ptp, usb