Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #481
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
BTW, is Penelope still a thing? Has nothing better (or, at least, maintained) surfaced yet?
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #482
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
@AlPe, I'm just reaching out because I'm curious if, perhaps do you have any update on this one? Alternatively, what can I do to help you to make this happen?

What can I do; I'm bored with bilingual dictionaries.

Thanks; I appreciate your work!

It seems that wordnik got ~58k USD from a kickstarter campaign (here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ry/description ) and now they are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which sells access to their API (if I understand correctly): https://developer.wordnik.com/ and even a one-time license (for just... ehm... 1.5k USD) for getting a copy of their database.

Sorry, I am not interested in having anything to do with this sort of "business" model.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #483
plixplax
plixplax began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Dear all, I updated the first post, hopefully with all the links to the dictionary created meanwhile.
Thank you very much for your effort, I know that we owe you almost everything we have in this post.
I know you're busy with your projects, but I can't find an English-Spanish dictionary here for my Kobo Clara HD. Sadly I don't have a LINUX and I'm not good with scripts and things like that, Idk if you or any other person that has already done this could convert the dictionary.

I think the ENGLISH-SPANISH dictionary would come handy for more people as well.

I found this one in babylon.

https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...anish/909.html

Thank you all beforehand very much.
plixplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #484
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by plixplax View Post
Check
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-es.zip (7.12 MB, 261 views)

Last edited by Semwize; 12-19-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #485
plixplax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Check
thank you very much my friend!!! that was a huge gift for Christmas!

Advert
Old 12-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #486
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by plixplax View Post
Thank you very much for your effort, I know that we owe you almost everything we have in this post.
I know you're busy with your projects, but I can't find an English-Spanish dictionary here for my Kobo Clara HD. Sadly I don't have a LINUX and I'm not good with scripts and things like that, Idk if you or any other person that has already done this could convert the dictionary.

I think the ENGLISH-SPANISH dictionary would come handy for more people as well.

https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...anish/909.html

Thank you all beforehand very much.
lectoreselectronicos.

Suerte.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #487
plixplax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Thank you! but I tried them before and I didn't like them, I couldn't find some words there and some weird string of symbols like "#··"### used to appear at the beginning of every search.

But thanks again, the one that Semwize provided works perfect and I've found every word I was looking for so far.

Regards!
Old 12-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #488
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Check
I'll give a try too, thank you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #489
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
Hi there!
Does anyone here has a EN - PT (Portuguese) dictionary? The one that comes with kobo is somehow week, and I can’t seem to find a better one (or anyone actuality)...

Thanks in advance
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #490
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
@AlPe

Thanks for this post.

For English to Chinese dictionaries, there is one of simplified Chinese at http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...jioWKPdXgTxVU8

The one at #445 is traditional Chinese.

Now, if someone can make one of the traditional Chinese with phonetic symbols of the English words...

Mandarin or Cantonese are the two major spoken dialects of the Chinese language, while traditional or simplified are the two major written forms.

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #491
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xppx99 View Post
Hi there!
Does anyone here has a EN - PT (Portuguese) dictionary? The one that comes with kobo is somehow week, and I can’t seem to find a better one (or anyone actuality)...

Thanks in advance
I did an en-pt multidictionary with the three bigger ones available on babilon.
Try it if is good for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-pt.zip (7.74 MB, 254 views)
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:00 AM   #492
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
I did an en-pt multidictionary with the three bigger ones available on babilon.
Try it if is good for you
Hello Owl_, and thank you so much for this! I’ve tested it and it is really good!! If found all the words I’ve tested so far :-)
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #493
tykwytta
tykwytta began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi. I tried to install penelope on Manjaro OS but I had some errors. I can run penelope, but when I try to convert a dictionary there is a message saying that some file is missing.. I don't know if this is a problem with penelope or with my dict file (or I probably didn't manage how to use penelope yet).

If anyone could help converting the attached files to Kobo dict I would be grateful. The files are spanish-portuguese dict in Stardict and BGL format.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Diccionario_Portugu_s_Espa_ol.BGL.zip (155.8 KB, 216 views)
File Type: zip freedict-por-spa-2018.zip (254.4 KB, 223 views)
File Type: zip freedict-spa-por-2018.zip (17.1 KB, 217 views)
tykwytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #494
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykwytta View Post
Hi. I tried to install penelope on Manjaro OS but I had some errors. I can run penelope, but when I try to convert a dictionary there is a message saying that some file is missing.. I don't know if this is a problem with penelope or with my dict file (or I probably didn't manage how to use penelope yet).

If anyone could help converting the attached files to Kobo dict I would be grateful. The files are spanish-portuguese dict in Stardict and BGL format.
I can't convert the other format. If you provide me the bgl format or stardict, then I can.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-pt-es.zip (240.6 KB, 236 views)
Old 01-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #495
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
@AlPe

Thanks for this post.

For English to Chinese dictionaries, there is one of simplified Chinese at http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...jioWKPdXgTxVU8

The one at #445 is traditional Chinese.

Now, if someone can make one of the traditional Chinese with phonetic symbols of the English words...

Mandarin or Cantonese are the two major spoken dialects of the Chinese language, while traditional or simplified are the two major written forms.

Cheers.
You should try it
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-zh.zip (2.12 MB, 1593 views)

Tags
kobo dictionaries