Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:32 PM   #931
tracygotrocks
tracygotrocks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@tracygotrocks: PM sent.
Your image worked! My Kobo Touch is good as new. Thanks a lot David!

Last edited by tracygotrocks; 06-05-2019 at 11:34 PM. Reason: forgot smiley
Old 06-05-2019, 11:33 PM   #932
tracygotrocks
tracygotrocks began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've not done a restore for some time, but I seem to remember that I did use Etcher at one point; at least it's cross platform, and open source, and is still being developed.

See https://www.balena.io/etcher/
Etcher worked perfectly Peter! With David's image and your image writer my Kobo Touch is up and running once again. You guys rock!
Advert
Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 AM   #933
Gianni Z
Gianni Z began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch n905c
Hi everyone,
I'm Gianni from Italy and I have same problem with my Kobo touch N905C: the internal sd card doesn't work anymore and no device can read it. I have a new sd card and the software to write the image, but I can't find it on the old sd. If someone could send me one, would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #934
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #935
Designin
Designin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello davidfor, could you send me the Kobo Touch N905C image please ?
Advert
Old 07-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #936
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #937
Designin

Hello davidfor, thanks for your response but I haven't received your email, could you try again please ?
Old 07-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #938
Designin

Hello davidfor, I have it now, my bad, thank you.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #939
TheScef
TheScef began at the beginning.

Looking for the IMG firmware file for the Kobo Touch N905C

My USB and wifi do not work so i cannot activate my Kobo Touch anymore after a factory reset.

Will a new IMG firmware file let me use the ereader again?

Can someone please send me the IMG file?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #940
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

Did the WiFi and USB work before the factory reset? If so, there is no reason for the USB to stop afterwards.

The WiFi is a bit different. Earlier in the year, Kobo had to drop support for older protocols that are now considered to be unsecure. Because of this, the older devices will not connect after a factory reset. You need to use USB to update to at least firmware 3.19.x to be able to connect to WiFi.

If the USB connection is really not working, you could try taking the SD card out and putting the firmware update files directly onto the card. The go in the "KoboReader" partition (or a name very similar to that) in the ".kobo" directory. When the device restarts, it should process these files and do an update.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #941
devlinmonty
devlinmonty began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Hi I recently picked up a kobo n905 white. It’s stuck on the loading screen. Have tried the pin in the back and nothing happens is there anything I can do? Any help would be great full
Old 07-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #942
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinmonty View Post
Hi I recently picked up a kobo n905 white. It’s stuck on the loading screen. Have tried the pin in the back and nothing happens is there anything I can do? Any help would be great full
If it is an N905, then it has fixed internal memory. I don't have an image for one, and, if I did, do not know of a way to restore it to a non-working device. If it is an N905B or N905C, there are images available.

But, you should try a factory reset:
  1. Charge the battery for at least an hour.
  2. Force the device to power off by holding the power switch in the off position for about 20 seconds.
  3. Hold the home button down and turn the device on.
  4. Release the home button when the screen changes or the power LED stops flashing.

If this doesn't work the first time, try again as you need to get the timing right.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #943
100D
100D began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello, I Need Kobo Aura HD sd card image
Model: n204b
Old 07-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #944
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@100D: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.

And it really helps if the requests for firmware are made in the thread dedicated to the device. The odds of getting the correct firmware goes way up if you do.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #945
SinesteticSnail
SinesteticSnail began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Good evening.

I'm quite in a mess with my Kobo Touch. The SD card has been formatted on a windows machine and it's now unreadable, Do I need a new SD image? What type? Do I need linux to install it?

As you can imagine I'm not expert in this sort of things and any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Closed Thread