Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Your music, and mine too. La tua musica, e anche il mio. Ihre Musik, und meine auch.

Pardon the Google translation, but ....

Votre musique, et la mienne aussi.
Su música, y la mía también.
Twoja muzyka, i moje też.
你的音乐,也是我的。
דיין מוזיק, און מייַן צו.
Din musikk, og min også.

And all others.

I have absolutely no skill with languages, but I enjoy listening to them and would like to hear more.

Please post music/songs in your own languages, or the languages that you like hearing.

I'll post the two songs that started me thinking of this and hope that you'll join in.

They can be anything you like, old or new and even a commercial jingle if you like.

SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From Beppe

Thanks Beppe.

Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
[QUOTE=SameOldStory;1240122]Thanks Beppe.

I did not know you wanted this for this. She is certainly pretty, whow as pretty as they come. She also sings. great.

Girls that pretty are a public danger. Personally, if I get that close to one like this one and she looks at me in the eyes like this one is looking into the camera, I simply melt. And after, I am not the same guy anymore. Something has given way inside me and it hurts and at the same time it does not hurt but it feels good. How to explain it?

Last edited by beppe; 11-28-2010 at 10:27 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
pretty much anything by this guy

and I've forgotten how to post you tube videos again

Last edited by kindlekitten; 11-28-2010 at 11:04 AM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
pretty much anything by this guy

and I've forgotten how to post you tube videos again
This one maybe?

Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
This one maybe?

yep. and this one that pretty much says all I need to say about organized religion; (yeah I know, take it to the other forum)

Old 11-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
SameOldStory
My True Self

Just to prevent misunderstandings.

English is not excluded, but I would rather it not be something commonly heard on AM/FM radio in the US.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Some samples of Mexican music

While some people thinks that "Mexican music" is just one genre, it is not. Mexican music comprises a lot of genres as shown below.

Rock

Pop

Pop-folk

"Banda" [Typical of Northern Pacific states]

"Corrido" [Folk music developed in the Revolution of 1910, it generally tells a full story]

Corrido with mariachi [Mariachi music is from western Mexico]

Rap

Opera

Football song
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Just to prevent misunderstandings.

English is not excluded, but I would rather it not be something commonly heard on AM/FM radio in the US.
I'm reasonably certain that the Magdalene Laundries is not heard on American radio very darn often
Old 11-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #10
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'm reasonably certain that the Magdalene Laundries is not heard on American radio very darn often

Don't know about where you live, but here it's never left the top 10 chart.

It's a good one, KK. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Although this song is in Turkish, it was a big hit in Mexico some years ago.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
The Animals-Sky Pilot

obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #13
Falcao
Banned

I discovered this song while travelling by the Great Lakes. Don't sure if it's a regular radio song.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Although this song is in Turkish, it was a big hit in Mexico some years ago.

That video gives me a completly different view of Turkey. Thanks
Old 11-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Don't know about where you live, but here it's never left the top 10 chart.

It's a good one, KK. Thanks.
I'd like a link to the radio station that you listen to then. I've traveled all over the country for work and the ONLY station I ever heard it on was an NPR station from the Oregon coast that specialized in Folk and New Age type music, and even then it was on the "world music" section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
I discovered this song while travelling by the Great Lakes. Don't sure if it's a regular radio song.

it was fairly common in the late 70s, early 80s, but anything Lightfoot is always a welcome treat