Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
BillJ
BillJ began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 10
7.8' Glowlight Plus and Calibre

Ran out and bought a new 7.8" Nook Glowlight Plus as I think I read online that Calibre can convert the new drm Nookbooks to a Paperwhite compatible format.

Brand new from the store, fired it up, it updated its software twice. Used it to read a book last night. Have the recent Nookbook purchase I've been reading that I want on the Paperwhite.

Calibre version 3.44. I connect the Nook, Calibre reads 'callibre_3.44 Connected The Nook [0 books].

So, can Calibre do what I want? But it's not even showing older books in the Nook library.

BillJ
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre can only convert books without DRM (Removal Discussion on MR is taboo).
Apprentice Alf is the search keyword for that Google.

I don't know about Nookbooks as a format. That may be a problem.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
BillJ
BillJ began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 10
Oh. So, essentially novels bought on Amazon for Kindle or on B&N for the Nook, can only be read on their respective devices or on android tablets with the apps.

Paperback novels would seem the way to go now.

Thanks.
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
Oh. So, essentially novels bought on Amazon for Kindle or on B&N for the Nook, can only be read on their respective devices or on android tablets with the apps.
That's their plan - walled gardens and echo chambers. I think of Amazon as the New Age GUM.

If you google for Apprentice Alf you can get some help with dealing with the DRM protected ebooks. Thats as much as we can say here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:32 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at the OPs message, I was under the impression that calibre was unable to access B&N ebooks on a Nook ereader so you needed to use one of their applications to download the ebooks to your PC.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote