Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
CJBarrow
Book worm
CJBarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Cybook Gen3/Hanlin V5
Looking for reading software on Android that will read Epub format

My main book reader is a Hanlin V5 clone so most of my book library is now EPub, both DRM and none DRM.

I am taking delivery of a new HTC Desire running the Android OS and I am looking for a recommendation on an APP I can use that will allow me to read Both protected and unprotected EPub books on it.

Having done a search I came accross the following:

These readers work on devices running the Android OS.

Aldiko - ebook reading application for Android smartphones. supports ePUB and has Feedbooks integration.

Libris: eBook reader that can download books from several on-line sources including Feedbooks and Fictionwise and transfer from a Mac or PC using LibrisDesktop. Reads several popular formats.

FBReader - has a free version of its excellent reader. Supports epub, oeb and fb2(.zip) file formats. Will be used as the application to open any ePub links from the Web Browser.

Droid Comic Viewer from Robot Comics is a CBZ reader.

iReader - ebook reader which supports mobipocket format.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Chris

Last edited by CJBarrow; 04-13-2010 at 02:12 PM.
CJBarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Take a peek at this thread; there is some good analysis of various Android options:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70921

As for me, I was using Aldiko on my HTC Hero and was quite happy with it. I pretty much stopped using my Hero for reading once I got my Sony Reader.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, droid