Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #16
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One alternative would be to set up a custom column in Calibre to store the authors, then use the actual author folder to store something else, such as the first letter of the author's name like the OP suggests.

This comes with its own set of drawbacks, mainly the inability to use features that work with the built-in author column. Plus it would take a while to reorganize all your books. But if you're willing to live with these limitations, it would be relatively straightforward to implement.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:53 AM   #17
PetrusV
PetrusV began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, android phone, android tablet, pc, kindle
Further digging lead me to discover that its nextcloud that cannot handle the 7000 folders or more and not the centos server. I am able to sync using sftp protocol and found an amazing app called FreeFileSync.

It can create a mirror image which is awesome, because I want A to be copied to B, but also I want it to remove old files or versions on B, and I do not want it to delete on A if I delete on B. Something that goodsync and other utilities cannot do.

Basically, it works just like nextcloud, but its not as resource intensive and it can handle more files. Nextcloud is nice, but for now it has to go back on the shelve until it resolves all the current bugs.
PetrusV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 03:29 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrusV View Post
[ . . ]

Something that goodsync . . . cannot do.
Who ever told you that is talking through through their hat.

BTW quite a few calibre users use FFS to mirror their calibre libraries for backup etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote