Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #31
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Just install the firmware and I find a small bug fix, there no X ghosting when I exit with the small X button at the upper right corner.

Last edited by oren64; 12-17-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: upper right corner
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:47 AM   #32
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
issue I mention here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291013

is still present for touch(original) same issue on a recently bought one for our daughter...... issue has been present since update-4.6.9960 previous versions no issue as mentioned.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 04:17 AM   #33
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
issue I mention here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291013

is still present for touch(original) same issue on a recently bought one for our daughter...... issue has been present since update-4.6.9960 previous versions no issue as mentioned.
Yeah that's probably why it wasn't released for Mark 3 devices.

My son's Touch has the same issue.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #34
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I tried a sync on my KA1 and it found nothing new since a very old version. Kobo must be holding back some of the new versions longer than usual.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #35
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
What's your affiliate? (look on the device in \.kobo\affiliate.conf)

According to https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff...ware.html#kobo

Quote:
Versions of other affiliates for Kobo Aura ONE

kobo - 4.6.9995 - Download - Release Notes
rakutenbooks - 4.5.9587 - Download - Release Notes
bestbuyca - 4.7.10413 - Download - Release Notes
fnac - 4.7.10413 - Download - Release Notes
beta - 4.7.10413 - Download - Release Notes
walmartca - 4.6.9995 - Download - Release Notes
Nothing old in there?

Last edited by Dryhte; 12-18-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #36
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
What's your affiliate? (look on the device in \.kobo\affiliate.conf)

According to https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff...ware.html#kobo

Nothing old in there?
I only list some of the major ones which get updates. I can add more if you want though.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I only list some of the major ones which get updates. I can add more if you want though.
When is the Kobo One Special Edition going to be added to the list of devices?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #38
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When is the Kobo One Special Edition going to be added to the list of devices?
If you give me the .kobo/version file, I can add it now. I need the information inside that file to add it. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #39
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Interestingly this version hasn't been pushed to my Aura One so far. I'd rather wait until they push it.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #40
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you give me the .kobo/version file, I can add it now. I need the information inside that file to add it. Thanks in advance.
Do you need more than 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000381?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #41
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Do you need more than 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000381?
Nope, that should be enough.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #42
Peenno
Peenno began at the beginning.

Device: Touch A/B & C
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The developers know. That's why 4.6.9995 was withdrawn from the Touch. I don't know if they are working on a fix or not. But, I doubt there would be a special release for it, just add it to the next general release. That would be two or three months away.

At this point, if it is bugging you, you should downgrade. 4.7.10413 is working on my N905 Touch. I only get problems after combinations of menu items that I wouldn't normally expect to do. And just now, I couldn't get it to happen at all.
Thanks. I will wait a while before deciding to downgrade
Peenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:40 AM   #43
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
Aura One here.

Still buggy, however there might be a slight improvement.
I could select some line ends which I could not, while in other cases I had to close the sleepcover and reopen it to exit a perceptual infinite loop. The book I tried is Calibre User Manual (calibre-3.13.0) in English.

Try to select "Transfers annotations". It hangs on my KA1.

Try to select "Allows you to add multiple e-books".
8 of 10 cases I selected something different, mostly "Allows you to add multiple e-books that are"

It might be a single faulty KA1. May I ask some of you to test it as well?

I would love to use my KA1. However many times I start reading on it and (because of some bug, especially in highlighting, or in some rare occasions no reaction while turning a page) I get sad and use my kindle voyage instead.
I was just thinking about it, why do I keep hoping for three years now that kobo will ever get rid of the bugs of the text selection part of their code. Or why don't they hire some of the big names from here to help in eliminating the bugs. I agree the firmware quality is progressing, but in a very slow rate. Sad to see that a quality hardware using open formats does not get the same quality firmware for so long.
I have a KA1 too and have same behavior: very difficult highlighting, very slow response in turning pages and even no response some times, and always the problem with the mismatch on the screen when trying to select a key I have to displace selection to the left of the key.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by mg10; 12-19-2017 at 04:15 AM.
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the Kobo Firmware Downloader site, the Kobo Aura One Limited Edition has been added.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-23-2017 at 05:56 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #45
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Just got this update OTA overnight. Kobo Aura One, kobo affilliate.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote