Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
feature requests

I like the feature to hide entire forums. I would like to see functionality added to hide sub forums/sections, or to move stuff around. For example, I never read the "Introduce yourself" and "Archive" sections under Miscellaneous, so I would like to be able to hide them.

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I like the feature to hide entire forums. I would like to see functionality added to hide sub forums/sections, or to move stuff around. For example, I never read the "Introduce yourself" and "Archive" sections under Miscellaneous, so I would like to be able to hide them.

Thanks.
That would be cool to have
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
You can sorta do that when you look at just new posts, under your control panel, edit options, scroll down to Forum Exclusion

"You may choose to exclude forums from your New Post searches and from Last Forum Activity on the frontpage"

But I might've misunderstood and that's not what you're asking.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
You can sorta do that when you look at just new posts, under your control panel, edit options, scroll down to Forum Exclusion

"You may choose to exclude forums from your New Post searches and from Last Forum Activity on the frontpage"

That may work. I'm going to give it a try...
Old 02-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
My bookmarked link to the forum is to my control panel. I first look at subscribed threads, then look at new posts. There are areas of the board I never see (such as the Kobo related posts, Sigil related posts etc) because I've excluded them.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
My bookmarked link to the forum is to my control panel. I first look at subscribed threads, then look at new posts. There are areas of the board I never see (such as the Kobo related posts, Sigil related posts etc) because I've excluded them.
Basically the same here. I start my session at the User Control Panel. Keeps the noise down nicely.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:52 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You can subscribe to forums instead of threads
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:40 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
That may work. I'm going to give it a try...
I like it.

I think I still prefer the old way (scrolling through the forums, I get the new posts grouped together), but the "new posts" works well.

Thank you to all.