Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
stevesout
stevesout began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Auto Retry if Scheduled download fails

Hello all,

I have a weekly download of The Economist scheduled in Calibre for Windows (currently v 3.19). For some reason, the scheduled download always fails. When I manually click "Download now" after the initial failure, it works just fine. I have been manually working around this for over a year, but am keen to re-automate the process as I often just forget to do the manual retry.

Also, I have found that if I open Calibre and manually initiate a download for the Economist, it fails. If I try a second time straight after, it works.

Is there some way to force a retry if the first download fails? Alternatively, is there some way to schedule two downloads on the same day, but just at different times? Other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

PS, Other downloads work fine (eg, National Geographic)
stevesout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fails with what error? You can simply schedule it to download on Friday and Saturday, assuming you dont shutdown calibre in the middle. Although if something is causing the first scheduled download to fail I doubt a second one would succeed. Most likely it is an antivirus program that detects network activity not inititated by the user and blocks it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
economist, retry