Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Modern translation of The Trojan Women?

I'd really like to do The Trojan Women by Euripides for the MR Library. I did the Gilbert Murray translation a while ago, but he didn't die until 1957 so it's not in the Public Domain.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find a modern translation which the translator is willing to allow me to use? I did The Oresteia translated by Ian Johnston recently, with his permission. But he hasn't done The Trojan Women.

I wonder, could we perhaps have a sticky for modern translations by people who want to retain the copyright but who are willing to allow them to be used for non-commercial purposes?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote