Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #1
pcnnnn
pcnnnn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One
Automatic/Prompt to read or open next book in series

Hi everyone,

I've just reorganized my library on Kobo to be sorted in series with proper numbering, and each series is added to a collection of the same name.

I was wondering if there are any methods to make Kobo automatically load the next book in series/collection/library when I'm finished with one. Or at least a "You've finished reading..." dialog (like the one on Kindle) with the option to open the next book in series/collection/library.

Currently if I'm on the last page of a book and tap to turn the next page, I got send back to the Home screen. It's quite cumbersome to open the collection and select the next book, especially when the book is short.
pcnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no way to get your Kobo to tell you about the next book in the series.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
With sideloaded ePub books, turning the last page always takes me to the home screen. But with synced KePub books, turning the last page shows the ratings page and then turning again takes be back to the place I opened the book from, so if I searched for the series and opened the book from the search results (listed in series order), then I get taken back to the series list after turning the last page. I don't know if this happens with slideloaded KePubs or just synced ones though.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:09 AM   #4
Dfaure
Enthusiast
Dfaure began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Aura HD, Cybook Muse
I'm used to put my books as sideloaded KePubs with calibre and I never noticed this behavior...
Dfaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfaure View Post
I'm used to put my books as sideloaded KePubs with calibre and I never noticed this behavior...
I was going to post the same thing, but then I noticed he said "...with synced KePub books, turning the last page shows the ratings page and then turning again takes be back to the place I opened the book from..."

If while you're reading a book, you connect your Kobo to sideload more books, when you eject the device it will take you to the home screen. Since that is now the last place you opened the book from, finishing the book will take you back there.

To test it, we'd have to search to pull up a series and read the entire book without going back to the home page. I tend to connect to Calibre too often to ever test that.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote