Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #361
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Hi sbaylor, just wondering if we will see any updates to MR in the near future addressing the previously discussed bugs?

Thanks again for the great app!
Yes, we will. Thank you for your patience!
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:16 AM   #362
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I think I'm doing something stupid but haven't been able to sort it out. I just updated from calibre 2.78 to 3.12 and am no longer able to get MR to connect via the content server.

I have the content server running on my Mac and it works since I can connect via http from within a browser and using http method in MR. However, I can no longer get an OPDS connection. I get the following error:

Error: Invalid OPDS Catalog
Failed to comminicate with "interface-data/init?1510635566295"

Is this something others get too?

****Nevermind - I figured it out. Had to add "opds" to the end of the address url *******

Last edited by slantybard; 11-14-2017 at 12:54 AM.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #363
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Hi @sbaylor
Is it possible to make Mapleread understand the text layer in pdf files? it's really a great help if we could select text and then copy, define, share... just like in epub files. iBooks, Kybook, Goodreader and other PDF readers can do that, it would be a great addition to Mapleread, Thanks.

Last edited by nimapourkarimi; 11-20-2017 at 08:28 AM.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #364
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Bug found in the "Author + Series" sort option. Everything worked fine until I added the 10th book of a series. MapleRead SE is sorting the ten books as 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 instead of 1 through 10. Could this bug be fixed, please?

EDIT: Found the problem, the spacing of the author's initials were off 1 space. Once I corrected that in book 10, it worked.

Last edited by romad; 12-01-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Question now moot
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #365
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

How to connect to Calibre 3.x Content Server

Quote:
I think I'm doing something stupid but haven't been able to sort it out. I just updated from calibre 2.78 to 3.12 and am no longer able to get MR to connect via the content server.

I have the content server running on my Mac and it works since I can connect via http from within a browser and using http method in MR. However, I can no longer get an OPDS connection. I get the following error:

Error: Invalid OPDS Catalog
Failed to comminicate with "interface-data/init?1510635566295"

Is this something others get too?

****Nevermind - I figured it out. Had to add "opds" to the end of the address url *******
Yes. Thank you for answering your question here too. You must add "/opds" at the end of the address if you use Calibre 3.0 or later. Before 3.0, "/opds" is optional. When Calibre 3.0 was out months ago, we updated the corresponding screenshot of the FAQ.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:59 AM   #366
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Hi sbaylor, just wondering if we will see any updates to MR in the near future addressing the previously discussed bugs?

Thanks again for the great app!
The related bug fix will be available soon in the next release (1.7.2) of MapleRead along with a native support of iPhone X.

We submitted the new release on December 28 morning (right after the Christmas app review freeze Dec 23-27). Let's see how long it will take Apple this time to process the apps.

Thank you for your patience (again)!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 AM   #367
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
The related bug fix will be available soon in the next release (1.7.2) of MapleRead along with a native support of iPhone X.

We submitted the new release on December 28 morning (right after the Christmas app review freeze Dec 23-27). Let's see how long it will take Apple this time to process the apps.

Thank you for your patience (again)!
Finally got hold of an iPhone X and installed v1.7.2. Congratulations on doing a great job of supporting iPhone X.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:41 AM   #368
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Just noticed that the most recent update for the iPad software fixed the bug where after a crash, the app did not return to the page it was on in the book being read. It is nice to have that back!
Old 01-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #369
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just discovered MapleRead. Seems quite versatile.

Feature request: Would it be possible to please add an option for no animation on page turns? Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:46 AM   #370
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just discovered MapleRead. Seems quite versatile.

Feature request: Would it be possible to please add an option for no animation on page turns? Thanks!
On top of the page beside the home icon is ring with a dot inside. Tap it and select "Modern Book" to get rid of page turn animations.

I by the way like the animations.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #371
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
On top of the page beside the home icon is ring with a dot inside. Tap it and select "Modern Book" to get rid of page turn animations.

I by the way like the animations.
Modern Book still uses slide animation for page turns.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:19 PM   #372
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Modern Book still uses slide animation for page turns.
You can't read more than a page WITHOUT some sort of "animation" for page turns, be it the classic "curl", the modern "slide", or just scrolling the page.

How do you want an eBook to "change" to the next page?
Old 01-28-2018, 03:14 PM   #373
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
You can't read more than a page WITHOUT some sort of "animation" for page turns, be it the classic "curl", the modern "slide", or just scrolling the page.

How do you want an eBook to "change" to the next page?
Stanza, Marvin and Hyphen all have instant/no animation modes.

I currently use Marvin but I've been looking to switch for better Calibre integration and annotations syncing.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #374
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

I have Stanza on my iMac and the page change is just a very fast scrolling that blurs the text for a second as it moves. That is still a form of animation. Even a fast fade from one letter to another (like a blink) is a form of animation. Sounds like what you may be seeing is an animation that is faster than your brain can process the signals coming in from your optic nerves.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #375
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
I have Stanza on my iMac and the page change is just a very fast scrolling that blurs the text for a second as it moves. That is still a form of animation. Even a fast fade from one letter to another (like a blink) is a form of animation. Sounds like what you may be seeing is an animation that is faster than your brain can process the signals coming in from your optic nerves.
On Stanza for iOS (at least pre-iOS 7 back when it still worked), there are three page turn modes: None, Turn and Slide.

On Hyphen, there's an option for Reduced Animations.

I'm making a request to the developer for a page turn mode option with little/no overt transitions between pages. Reduced Animations, Blink, Instant or None - whatever it's called, I think my meaning is understood.

Computer-wise, I expect it's the page turn effects that take more effort. For one thing, those are done over multiple frames. It should actually be simpler to just send a full frame with the new image with no transition effect from the old image.

Tags
mapleread