Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Weight of covers

Hi,
I just bought a PRS650 from my local Waterstones. Unfortunately they didn't have the covers in stock. I am now considering to buy a cover online.

Does anyone here by any chance know the weight of the standard cover vs the lighted cover? I couldn't find this on the Sony website.

I also have a 505 and find the lightwedge quite heavy for everyday use, so I tend to use the standard cover that came with it for most of my reading and just swap to the lightwedge cover when I plan to read in the dark.

Thanks a lot!
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sorry, ignore my question.
I found the answer on sonystyle.com (but not on sony.co.uk).
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
dsalomon
dsalomon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
I previously had a 505 with the wedge cover. I just got my 650 and lighted cover - its much lighter. The reader and cover combination are light enough for extended use. The top of the cover folds back much more easily than the 5050 version. Also, the light illuminates as soon as you raise it from the "docked" position - a nice feature.

My opinion - it's well worth the price.
dsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
zcqsimon
zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
how much is it
zcqsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcqsimon View Post
how much is it
49.99... available from J&R Music and Computer World or via Amazon. Out of stock in the Sony website...

Last edited by wachuko; 09-27-2010 at 08:36 AM.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I'm completely smitten with the thought of an Oberon red dragon cover - costs more but it's incredibly snazzy!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Dunno the weight, Stan, but I covered my Sony PRS 505 with a lovely black leather flip-top cover a couple of years ago ... and that cover enhances the entire ebook reading experience. My ebooks feel somehow permanent. It's so darned comfortable. It feels and even smells like the kind of rare old hardback from way back that now sells well out of our price range at book auctions and eBay. When I read a classic, it feels like a classic. When I read something contemporary, it feels like the deluxe version. Go for it, pal. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
mrdee0
mrdee0 began at the beginning.

Device: mrdee0
I got the tuff luv vocer for the prs600 and it fits perfect. There is a slight covering of the strip where the page details are. But thats if you push the reader all the way down. Just a tiny adjustment up and there is no problem.
There are like two leather strips at the bottom of the case so you could glue a tiny bit of sponge there and you wont need to do any adjustment. Lovely quality soft leatherand well sewn together with tuff seams. Has a stand for reading upright and the front flips back and affixes when reading. I got it cheap off ebay store.
mrdee0 is offline   Reply With Quote