Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
Falstaff
Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony eReader
Is Working Table of Contents Possible with RTF?

I have tried a couple of ways to create an RTF file that has a table of contents that is recognized by the eReader. By recognized, I mean that it shows up in the reader Table of Contents information about the book, and then can be used to navigate to the various parts of the book.

MS Word uses bkmrkstart, and the RTF standard says to use tc. If I use the bkmrk... system, MS Word can use the TOC in the RTF, but when I transfer the RTF to the reader, it says it has no table of contents (although the text of the table of contents does show up). If I use the tc method (perhaps incorrectly?), neither Word nor the reader recognize the TOC.

If I could find an example that worked, I'd be all set.

Has anyone ever seen an RTF that has a working table of contents on the eReader?
Falstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
No. If you want TOC, use LRF or PDF. Another approach is add bookmarks using Connect Reader on the PC - they will appear on the Reader after putting the book on it.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
Falstaff
Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony eReader
Thanks for the info. I'm looking at LRS/LRF now -- thanks for the tools you have posted here.
Falstaff is offline   Reply With Quote