Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
whispernet for full browsing

since my DX is stuck in Koeln since a couple of days in transit and I wont see it until june 21 at least (I'm very impatient I know) - all I can do is hammer you for questions...
I read a couple of threads about international whispernet (Italy here) but I'm still not completely sure I understood it well.

Is it correct that now whispernet works globally (well - globally at least in our fat rich world )?
I saw that with w.n. I'd be able to at least 1) buy from amazon and 2) use wikipedia. But... I also saw in the user guide that now something like a full browser is available - I can use that too? Not by using local wifi but the uber-whispernet courtesy of Amazon??? Seems too good to be true but I had to ask!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Bikemike
Connoisseur
Bikemike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bikemike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bikemike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bikemike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bikemike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Since Update to 2.5.2 my kindle has full acess to internet here in Germany. I couldnt believe it, but its true. Hope it holds on.

Mike
Bikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Someone must be paying for this though, nothing is free! I would like a statement from Amazon about it.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote