Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
Prosercunus
Prosercunus began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Just got my nook, problems with B&N Store and Registering/Unregistering

I just got my nook earlier today. its a pretty slick device but I been having a hell of a time with the registration process and the store while on my nook.

I have registered the device and put in a valid credit card (even made sure it was set to default) ok so good. I connect to my wifi, register device. Ok everything looks good and I purchase a book. Book takes forever but I finally get it, again no problem.

But now my nook doesn't want browse books in the store, it doesn't want to unregister my nook (one of the steps I took to troubleshoot) and my nook account profile says I have nothing registered? I seen it was registered before, at least a couple times but it like intermittently doesn't want to acknowledge its registered (now it just says I am not registered at all) this is on the B&N site.

Unable to complete operation, etc etc. Google has been little help. B&N forums are useless and this site only seems to show a few people complaining about the issue.

Prosercunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Which country do you live in, Prosercunus? If you're outside the USA, that could explain your problem. Good to have your company. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
Prosercunus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Which country do you live in, Prosercunus? If you're outside the USA, that could explain your problem. Good to have your company. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
I live in the U.S.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
There has been trouble with the B&N servers over the last day or so, it might be that
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yeah digital download is having maintenance problems. I called 1800thebook and it has an automated message telling us of the problem.

Hopefully it will be fixed today.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
I had the same problems. I was going to return my Nook and needed to unregister it first. It didnt let me do that. The next day everything worked and I successfully unregistered the Nook. Just wait a bit. Its a computer glitch they are currently having.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Prosercunus

Seems to have "fixed itself".

Thanks guys and/or gals.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yeah it's back up and up running just bought a book.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote