Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Drag and drop onto eBook Library with Windows 7

Just got a new laptop running Windows 7, 64-bit Home Premium Edition.

eBook Library runs fine, with one peculiarity:

I normally load books onto the Reader by doing a "drag and drop" from Windows Explorer onto the "Reader" icon in eBook Library. I don't seem to be able to do that with Windows 7 - when I drag a file from Explorer, the drop cursor remains a "forbidden" sign when it's over the Reader icon in eBook Library.

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? Obviously I can add files using the "Computer" navigator in eBL, but doing it directly from Windows Explorer is much more convenient.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
Its problem with user rights?
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I'm not with you - can you elaborate, please?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
HarryT, I just installed Windows 7, I'll try this out and see if I can find a workaround.
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Success!
What you have to do is drag the files to the library icon that's in the left bar (see the attached image). Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	355
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	39790  
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 03:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That's exactly what I'm doing. Let me try it again...
Old 11-23-2009, 04:52 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It works fine now . I think the problem was that eBL wasn't registered as the default "handler" for eBook files at the time that I originally tried it. That's great - that was the last "issue" I had with using Windows 7.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
el.astrologo
Groupie

Let me ask you something, Harry. Are you having any issues safely removing the reader? I can eject each of the daughter units (memory card, stick and internal memory) however the main unit (the reader itself) is not ejecting, has this ever happened to you?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No, not so far. I just click the "Eject" button on eBL and it dismounts. No problems at all.