Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
ExtraSF
ExtraSolar
ExtraSF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Smile Question about Adobe Digital Editions on DR.

My Question is: If the availability of Adobe Digital Editions will improve speed of .pdf file handling on the DR100S - namely, large .pdf's with pictures? (The reader seems to be very slow dealing with those at the moment).

I would also like to report a bug, namely, when reading handling .mobi files, the reading application sometimes crashes and has to leave the document - which is really bad, because when i open the book again, it doesn't remember where it left.

- The Lost City of Z, by David Grann's
- Ringworld, Larry Niven

Previously read:
- The Crowded Universe, Alan Boss
ExtraSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraSF View Post
My Question is: If the availability of Adobe Digital Editions will improve speed of .pdf file handling on the DR100S - namely, large .pdf's with pictures? (The reader seems to be very slow dealing with those at the moment).
Hopefully, but we'll have to wait and see. Nobody outside of iRex has gotten to try the new viewers yet, as far as I know. The DR800 will probably be the first time customers get to see them. I'm assuming that Adobe PDF libraries would be more optimized than the poppler open source libraries, but you never know. Some of it, especially with large/complex pictures could just be a limitation of the CPU/memory.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
adi
Enthusiast
adi began at the beginning.

Device: irex digital reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I'm assuming that Adobe PDF libraries would be more optimized than the poppler open source libraries, but you never know.
If the performance of Adobe Reader compared to the open source alternatives is anything to go by, then, I am not so confident.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe digital editions, bug