Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
15% additional off Titles at Fictionwise this Weekend

I guess this weekend is the time to get your Fictionwise fiction books... with the 25% off until June 28th and additional 15% with code "SUMMER15" you can get a nice discount. (Not to mention the added discount if you are a member)

Quote:
THIS WEEKEND ONLY -- SAVE 15%: USE COUPON CODE "SUMMER15"

Summer, Summer, Summer. Time to relax. Time to take a vacation. And you'll need plenty to read while you're taking it easy. This weekend only, you can save 15% off your order when using coupon code "SUMMER15". But hurry, this coupon only lasts through this weekend! Load up your shopping cart and enjoy some great eBooks. Summer won't last forever and neither will this promo.
Happy Reading!
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
What's the 25% deal?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
25% off all fiction titles (Displayed when added to cart.....)
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Looks like I will be buying some books today!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM34857 View Post
I guess this weekend is the time to get your Fictionwise fiction books... with the 25% off until June 28th and additional 15% with code "SUMMER15" you can get a nice discount. (Not to mention the added discount if you are a member)
Wow - that's a total of 45% off for club members. Almost as much as their 100% rebate for Paypal offer a while back, but works with micropay.

I just splurged by Micropay yesterday on some magazine subscriptions (which, aren't affected by this new discount - only ebooks, not subscriptions).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
For me it has been OK. I had a book in pre-order. I've cancelled it and I've bought it again, so it has been cheaper and with more micropay rebate.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I got the email from them about the offer - it's a great deal this weekend!

Wish Fictionwise had more books in PDF or Multiformat (hint hint Fictionwise!) for my PRS-505!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Nice deal. Picked up about 8 books I'd been looking at for under $15.

Fictionwise is evil and I hate them.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I just cleared out my wishlist I bought two secure ereader books and that bumped my micropay balance up enough that I bought 5 multiformat books with both discounts. Net total: $19.07 for seven books, or about $2.72 per book. Sweet deal!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I was wondering why I never received email notification of the various sales they've had since I purchased a multi-year membership. Were it not for Mobileread, I would never have heard about most of the sales they've had. Obviously the reason is that I had selected not to receive any notifications. Needless to say, I've now corrected my profile!

Of course, given the money I've spent at Fictionwise over the last few months, I probably shouldn't be notified of any sales...and should probably ignore Mobileread too!

When I first got my Sony reader, I promised myself I would not buy any books, I would only download the public domain titles and other freebies. Well, my Fictionwise account shows that I've purchased 92 books since January. Of course, that is a combination of actual purchases and Micropay purchases, but 92 books purchased in six months is obviously a significant number.

I wonder what sales they'll have for the Fourth of July weekend? Now that I've updated my profile, I'll find out (and probably will buy another dozen or books). This has to stop!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #11
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Having not bought anything from Fictionwise before as I usually buy my ebooks from BoB, This sale with its combined discount of 40% was a good opportunity to try it out. I decided to sample some of the magazines they have for sale as I have more than enough ebooks to keep me reading for awhile. $9 for 3 current issue magazines, Analog, Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine and Mag of SF & Fantasy is not bad.
Can't see myself buying too much there as their Sony reader support is pretty lacking unless you are willing to run the legal grey area of DRM stripping and conversion. But I may buy more magazines there from time to time.Perhaps even a subscription.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #12
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
All their multiformat books can be downloaded in Sony format, how is this lacking?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
All their multiformat books can be downloaded in Sony format, how is this lacking?
Almost every book that I've wanted to purchase at Fictionwise is *not* in multiformat, therefore I don't buy it for my Sony Readers.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I just cleared out my wishlist
With the number of sales Fictionwise has been having lately, my wishlist is down to only:
  1. Books available only in "hardback" prices (waiting for paperback "release")
  2. Books sold by publishers who think ebooks should be priced twice the price of the paperbacks (almost all are $14 or $14.99, but the paperback is $6.99 or $7.99)

I have so many books TBR!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote