Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
new firmware version for K2 (2.0.1 (303870012)

Not sure what it changes or fixes, I havent got it yet.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I am on 2.0 still... is there a way to force the new firmware on. Or do you have to wait until it upgrades itself?
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I think you have to wait.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Im not even sure there really is one now. The guy that stated it has suddenly lost confidence that hes right about it.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
It's listed under source code; it just doesn't seem to have been pushed out to Kindles yet:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200203720
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The update is located here. I don't know if the procedure is the same as it was for K1, so I'd hold off on doing it manually for now.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
It's listed under source code; it just doesn't seem to have been pushed out to Kindles yet:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200203720
That lists like 1.1 and 1.1.1 for Kindle1 and those where never pushed out.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The link posted above points to the linux source code used for Kindle. Those are NOT for user consumption.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
The link posted above points to the linux source code used for Kindle. Those are NOT for user consumption.
Understood. But, they do point to the existence of those versions.

Wait... who do you think reads and writes code? Developers are actually human you know.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daffy's post is a bit misleading since that's not where the real "update" is located, just, as I posted, an indication that an update exists or is in the works. Going to the Kindle 1 Update page just provides a Kindle 1.2.bin. No link for upgrading the Kindle 2.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
stevenmoy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Understood. But, they do point to the existence of those versions.

Wait... who do you think reads and writes code? Developers are actually human you know.

BOb
I thought I used the words, "user consumption". Definitely not putting down devs, I like developers =D
Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Daffy's post is a bit misleading since that's not where the real "update" is located, just, as I posted, an indication that an update exists or is in the works. Going to the Kindle 1 Update page just provides a Kindle 1.2.bin. No link for upgrading the Kindle 2.

You're right, I should have said it was the source code. Happy now!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

It's nice to see them updating already. I'll be interested to see a change log.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #14
sirbruce
Provocateur

Well according to the thread on Amazon's forums some people do have the new firmware. Maybe it's factory-installed?

http://www.amazon.com/new-firmware-v...68CDAL09L8Y/1/
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Quote:
Well according to the thread on Amazon's forums some people do have the new firmware. Maybe it's factory-installed?

http://www.amazon.com/new-firmware-v...68CDAL09L8Y/1/
...this may explain why some people have ghosting issues and others have to push alt-g all the time (like me). At least I know it's not a hardware issue because it's crystal clear once I do refresh.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote