Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
DarkKniyt
DarkKniyt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Calibre Server Sort Issue

I have the Calibre-Server running on a home server and access it via a web browser on another pc.

I have a user added Column called "Chronology" that I wish to sort on when viewing from a web browser.

Right now the field has the following type of data in it:
'R1' thru 'R186'. (Indexed Series field type).

I can select "Chronology" from the home page and pull up the data but it is sorted starting from 'R186' with the last entry being 'R1'.

Is there a way to sort this in ascending-order?

Thanks in advance!
DarkKniyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC in the server interface you can change the field you sort on but not the order (i.e. not ascending vs. descending).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That field sort will not work for you because it will 'Alpha sort'
to sort you need to pad the numbers with Leading 0's so the digits all have the same number of places

R001

otherwise you will get :
R1
R10
R100
R2
R20
R3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
index, server, sort