Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
pushel
pushel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch
Angry adb does not recognize my nook device

Hello,

I am so frustrated.... I have spent hours on this issue with no success....

I need to push some fonts into my simple nook touch... that all.

I have rooted and becked up the device (and rebooted it afterwards), then I downloaded and installed the SDK manager and the platform-tools.

Then I tried to access the nook from the cmd window and it did not recognize my nook:

When nook was connected to computer via USB I wrote:
"adb devices" and it returned an empty list...

Obviously when I tried to connect by WiFi (adb connect <IP>) it returned "unable to connect to <IP>:5555" as well...

I would suspect my computer does not have the right drivers (the drivers were installed automatically in my Win7 when I plugged in the nook) but the NOOK is recognized in the device manager.... maybe there are more drivers I am not aware of.... If so - Where can I gen them from????

Please help - I promised to do a favor to my cousin but right now I just want to hit something.... I am despirate...
pushel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushel View Post
Obviously when I tried to connect by WiFi (adb connect <IP>) it returned "unable to connect to <IP>:5555" as well...
Please help - I promised to do a favor to my cousin but right now I just want to hit something.... I am despirate...
Did you download/install (from Market) the ADB-over-Wifi (Toggle) Widget on your Nook?

Last edited by livramax; 06-21-2012 at 10:12 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
pushel
pushel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch
Thanks!!!!

Now it works fine...
pushel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adb, command line, driver problems, nook simple touch