Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Google settles and pays damages over Oracle lawsuit

Seems the case is over (baring appeals) and Google has settled with Oracle and agreed to pay $0 in damages.

Quite a difference from the six billion or so damages Oracle were seeking.

Also, I was very surprised at how competent the judge appears to have been in this trial. Reading the transcripts, it's clear he had a good working knowledge of programming and the technical details involved in the case.

The claims were so poor on Oracle's part that I really hope Google are awarded costs too.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
"We want 6 billion dollars."
"Oooh. Well, we're prepared to offer you 0 dollars."
"Hmm. You drive a hard bargain, but...deal!"
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
If I have to sue for 6 billion bananas, I won't settle for anything less than 3 bunches of bananas, two loaves of banana bread with walnuts, and an extra thick banana milkshake with strawberries.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If I have to sue for 6 billion bananas, I won't settle for anything less than 3 bunches of bananas, two loaves of banana bread with walnuts, and an extra thick banana milkshake with strawberries.
Man... All I have are *2* bunches of bananas, a batch of banana-nut muffins, a 3 pound bag of banana chips, and a box full of banana Runts candy (since nobody but me around the house seems to like them).

I'm sure we can come to an agreement, right? I can even throw in a coconut AND follow you around as your Patsy while you search for the Holy Grail!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Man... All I have are *2* bunches of bananas, a batch of banana-nut muffins, a 3 pound bag of banana chips, and a box full of banana Runts candy (since nobody but me around the house seems to like them).

I'm sure we can come to an agreement, right? I can even throw in a coconut AND follow you around as your Patsy while you search for the Holy Grail!
We can reach an agreement. Just keep that killer rabbit away from me.

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Being an old sailor, I would take a different tack, and sue for $0 dollars, but settle for $6 Billion.

Hey I know it is a jump, but a sailor gotta do what a sailor gotta do!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Wow. How is Larry Ellison going to buy that Hawaiian island? Oh wait, I guess this really didn't matter.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Unfortunately this is not the end of this charade, Oracle have indicated they intend to appeal and drag this even longer. They should cut their loses and call it a day.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
but it's really not funny, cause that's what they do....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote