Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
prafjessor
prafjessor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Browse files?

Hello,

i´ve recently bought it, and i like reading on it. However, i can´t seem to figure out "how it works". For instance, when i plug it in, i get three new drives which pop out in Windows: READER, Movable Disc and SETTING. The Movable Disc is the SD-card.

But all these folders has a lot of subfolders. For instance: READER has three folders: Books, DCIM and Sony Reader. Inside the Books folder, there is i Sony folder, and inside that one is a books folder. And inside the Sony Reader folder, there is a media folder, and inside that there is also a books folder.

Inside the Movable Disc folder, there is a Sony_Reader folder, which contains a media folder, which contains a books folder.

Where do i put my files?

All i want to do is to browse among and read my pdf-files. I also would like to be able to categorize the files and put them in different folders. I cant seem to understand the Reader for PC-program. There are three "places" in the program where i find my pdf:s, under My Library, Reader and SD-Card. I find them under "Books" and "Collections".

It´s complicated. Is there a way to simplify things?

I´m apologize för my bad english. I hope that someone will help me.
prafjessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi, simple answer:
put your PDF's anywhere in the READER or Movable Disc drives.

T1, like any of his antecessor didn't use the folder-structure. It will collect all books and show them in a huge list.

Longer answer:
Some of the folders, like DCIM belong to Android (the OS), some other are remanent of different PC-software like "Reader-Library" or the new "Reader for PC"

As stated above the Sony fw dosn't use any folder-structures. Instead a book can be assigned to one or more collections.

Calibere (a library management and conversion software, with a huge forum here at MR) allows to use TAGs (like mp3 Tags) to automatically create and maintain collections.
IMHO you should consider to use calibre.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
prafjessor
prafjessor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks! I´ve tried Calibre now, and i like it. It´s a shame you cant browse like on a computer with the PRS-T1, but i guess you can´t have it all. Calibre is very good. Thanks again!
prafjessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
You can't browse the directory structure on the T1on the T1 but you can use your PC windows explorer when you have it plugged in and in data transfer mode,the device shows up as a READER folder under "My Computer" and I can use it like any other windows folder.. I am running XP but I would expect the same under Vista or 7
bla is offline   Reply With Quote