Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Reader Won't Sync

Trying to Sync Collections from my Sony Reader program on my laptop to my T1 but it won't sync. I plug my T1 into my laptop and touch the Transfer Data mode button on the reader. Then I click the Sync button and the Sync window opens. I click Sync Now and a window opens that says "Initializing Sync points. Please wait"

So I wait and wait and wait and nothing happens. Finally after as long as 30 minutes, I disconnect the USB cable and, occasionally, the T1 locks up. Sometimes it opens normally. Regardless of what happens, the Collections don't sync or even load onto my reader. Would appreciate any advice.

Also, is there any way to just drag and drop books from my laptop Reader software to the T1? Or, alternately, import them to my T1? This was a lot easier on the 505

Also, I do have the latest firmware on the hT1
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Sorry you are having problems, cassidym. The new software can be frustrating. I used to sync my books with the old Reader Library with my old readers too, and it was much smoother. Fortunately you have several options to transfer your books. With the T1 I decided not to sync with the Sony software. Instead I just drag-and-drop the book files from my hard-drive into the Books folder on the T1 through Windows Explorer (Mac Finder). When I want to borrow a library book, then I do that via Wi-fi directly on the T1. I also have a dropbox account and upload books to it and then download them directly to the T1. Many people are also using calibre to manage their book libraries. Hope that helps!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hey Bookworm_Girl, I just successfully dragged two books from my hard drive into the T1 via MicroSoft Explorer. Thanks!

Haven't figured how to lod books onto my T1 via Calibre but will keep trying.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Glad you figured it out!

I haven't used calibre with the T1, although I've used it with my other ereaders. Make sure you have updated to the latest version of calibre so that you have the most recent drivers for the T1. It should be a process something like first import your book files into the calibre program (I just drag-and-drop the files I want from the Windows Explorer / Mac Finder screen onto the calibre program window to import). Then assign tags to the books with the names of collections that you want to create. Then select the send to device icon to transfer them to your T1. You can get a lot more complicated but those are the basic steps. If you post in the calibre forum, then I'm sure someone will help you with any specific questions.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote