Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
tedwards70
tedwards70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
EReader Alternatives/Options

Maybe this has been answered but are there any alternative ereader apps out there? I find the default one a tad boring. Anyone know how to change the way book covers are displayed? I'm assuming the thumbnails/shelves are the only way?
tedwards70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwards70 View Post
Maybe this has been answered but are there any alternative ereader apps out there? I find the default one a tad boring. Anyone know how to change the way book covers are displayed? I'm assuming the thumbnails/shelves are the only way?
For Epubs. You got Nook, Mantano, Aldiko, Cool Reader, Blue Fire Reader, Moon + to just name a few.

I highly recommend Mantano. It has collections, and lots of ways to customize the formatting. There is a Free Market version.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For Epubs. You got Nook, Mantano, Aldiko, Cool Reader, Blue Fire Reader, Moon + to just name a few.

I highly recommend Mantano. It has collections, and lots of ways to customize the formatting. There is a Free Market version.
after playing with all those i like aldiko and mantano best, my wife likes aldiko better and since we share the same account and devices we are using aldiko

Aldiko doesnt have quite as good of customisation options or as many annotation options as mantando but it does have more than just about any one else out there... and it stable.

bluefire is quite nice if your not worried about cusomizing your reading experience its very good out of the box.

Coolreader tries to hard at everything and is not very stable.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
tedwards70
tedwards70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
The Mantano App isn't free and it says its not compatible with the Fire...any ideas?
tedwards70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwards70 View Post
The Mantano App isn't free and it says its not compatible with the Fire...any ideas?

There is an older and fully functional version available here:

http://download.pandaapp.com/android....3-id4960.html

Note: When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert