Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #961
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I don't think so. But I need to get custom with it first :-) I'll announce koreader in a new thread soon, probably tomorrow morning (in Europe). You may want to ask the question there again. There's still a lot to flesh out in koreader, I guess. But we're now at the point where we have something we can release. It's an early release and there's a lot that can still be improved, granted.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 AM   #962
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Better Leitor then Neivor!

wow I hope that is funny in other languages too...
Sounds like a bad guy name to me... Evil and cruel
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #963
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We settled on KOReader - I announced it here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209276

Please continue to discuss the stable legacy code base in this thread - and head over to the new thread for discussing the new code base.

A note on the old code base: We have restructured the repositories. The new location is https://github.com/koreader/kindlepdfviewer (we switched to an organization account for the development of the projects).
Old 03-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #964
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Has anyone tried this on k2 (kindle 2)? Thanks
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #965
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Yes, both librerator and KPV should work in K2
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #966
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
I edited the wiki a lot, tried to make it as simple as possible for new users:
1. Change the order of topic: 1. introduction, 2. download and install, 3. basic intro, I think new user need a basic idea how kpv works and know he can press h in each different mode. This should answer half the questions new user may have.
2. added kite installation, and tips for launchpad. Many people have trouble using launchpad with default time settings.
3. The whole "user guide" page is deleted. I think the previous content is obsolete and accurately not suitable for "user guide". That page is the first page for beginners to learn what kpv can do and how to use it, but they didn't know to use "h" to get the help for each mode. And the most users of current kpv don't need to editing lua files anymore. If you think some of them are still useful, please move it out to somewhere from the history.

Last edited by dracodoc; 04-04-2013 at 11:59 AM.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #967
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Many thanks to dracodoc! It looks much better now
Old 04-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #968
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
the new version "kindlepdfviewer-nightly-2013-04-15" crashes when opening the epub. already tried it with different books and always the same. which may be the problem?
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #969
hawhill
Wizard

we'll have to look into it. It's in the nature of nightly builds that this may happen - they are not tested a lot.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #970
dave2008
Addict

Thanks for the report, we have fixed it in a new PR. As hawhill says, it's easy to crash a nightly build and there are known bugs in the build also. But you get double reflow speed ;p

We are trying to fix these bugs and hopefully can do a release for KPV. (has been a long time since the last one)
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #971
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Question

EDIT: nothing, a stupid error. Anyway you could say in git page that all the stuff can done by make fetchthirdparty... it seems some must be done manually and some automatically

I have a problem with getting the source code. The process is hanging after the command make fetchthirdparty. I think I've followed all the required steps (I'm not sure about popen-noshell, I have a popen-noshell dir that inside have one .patch file and a popen-noshell-read-only dir)

Steps:

Spoiler:
mkdir kpv
cd kpv
git clone https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base.git
cd koreader-base
git clone --recursive git://git.ghostscript.com/mupdf.git
git clone git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/djvulibre.git
git clone http://luajit.org/git/luajit-2.0.git
git clone https://github.com/chrox/libk2pdfopt.git
mkdir popen-noshell
cd popen-noshell
svn checkout http://popen-noshell.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ popen-noshell-read-only
cd ..
mkdir kpvcrlib
cd kpvcrlib

*** manual download source ***

unzip ~/Downloads/crengine-src.zip
rm ~/Downloads/crengine-src.zip
make fetchthirdparty

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-20-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #972
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Ok, I'm emulating it on my pc. Where can I access settings? I can access the menu at the top of the page, but if I click at the bottom of the page no setting menu shows up.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #973
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Ok, I'm emulating it on my pc. Where can I access settings? I can access the menu at the top of the page, but if I click at the bottom of the page no setting menu shows up.
Are you certain that your emulation is showing you the very bottom of the page ?
Try it on one of the intended machines rather than in emulation.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #974
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Done. I clicked on some point near to the bottom since the window overflowed the screen. Since page was not turned I thought the setting menu was not showed. I had to change my screen resolution. Thank you!

PS: some other little remarks: package is not libsdl-dev1.2, is libsdl1.2-dev. Furthermore you must also have cmake installed. IMHO instructions are a bit confusing, I simply done:

Spoiler:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/koreader/koreader.git
cd koreader
git clone https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base.git
make fetchthirdparty

and this is in common with other building options. For emulating I've also done:
Spoiler:
Code:
EMULATE_READER=1 make thirdparty EMULATE_READER_W=746 EMULATE_READER_H=1024 koreader-base
make bootstrapemu
cd emu
./reader.lua -d ./

Anyway a very good job, congrats

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-20-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #975
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your welcome.
There was someone else that posted here recently that could not see that very bottom of the display.
Which is why it occurred to me that maybe you couldn't see/reach it also.
Translation: A lucky guess.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote