Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #106
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I'm going to be curious as to how they will be pushing this update out to the devices. I hope that they don't make you have to have loaded the Reader for PC software to do it.
Hopefully they add the download link to their website support page. They need to have a firmware update to enable over-the-air downloads. That's how the 950 firmware updates work. Plus, the T1 is missing major functionality (in my opinion) at the moment with lack of any-device wireless syncing and no periodical auto-downloads.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #107
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Hopefully they add the download link to their website support page. They need to have a firmware update to enable over-the-air downloads. That's how the 950 firmware updates work. Plus, the T1 is missing major functionality (in my opinion) at the moment with lack of any-device wireless syncing and no periodical auto-downloads.
I doubt they'll change the way they deliver firmware updates for the T1 TBH. Can you take your T1 back to a Sony store and get them to do it for you?

Maybe the guys who have rooted their T1s are able to provide alternate ways to get official firmware onto devices. They can get unofficial firmware on, after all...
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #108
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
They'll probably continue with what they had with the 950 then, since that was also a WiFi device. I still say, since this is their first foray into Android, they will be pushing firmware updates unlike what the used with the x50 readers, which used a stable platform I believe.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #109
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I'm going to be curious as to how they will be pushing this update out to the devices. I hope that they don't make you have to have loaded the Reader for PC software to do it.
The previous update went via the Reader software, but it actually only worked as a transport medium.

The downloaded software is just a WinZip selfextracting executable and the Reader has put it on the following path on my Windows 7 PC:

C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\AutoUpdateClient\PRST1\1.0.02.10280

The executable is PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.02.10280.exe which can be started stand alone too.

So if Sony uses this channel again for the next update then its only a matter of minutes until somebody just post is somewhere for you to pick up.
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #110
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe1dnn View Post
The previous update went via the Reader software, but it actually only worked as a transport medium.

The downloaded software is just a WinZip selfextracting executable and the Reader has put it on the following path on my Windows 7 PC:

C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\AutoUpdateClient\PRST1\1.0.02.10280

The executable is PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.02.10280.exe which can be started stand alone too.

So if Sony uses this channel again for the next update then its only a matter of minutes until somebody just post is somewhere for you to pick up.
Did they do the same thing with the Mac version of the Reader software? Macs can open zip files etc but obviously can't run Windows executables/installers.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #111
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Sony released the PRS-T1 firmware update that should solve the problem today.
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #112
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Please post the link to the latest update that could fix the numerous bugs.

All I found was this firmware update which fixes the ability to download some files..
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...&os_group_id=5

12/24/2011
Version:
Size:
101.61 MB
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #113
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
gardenstate,

A newer version is available but I was only able to access through the Reader for PC/Mac software. It automatically updated by T1 after connecting the T1 and opening the Reader software.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #114
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Try the link below. there are instructions that allow you to update without using the readers software

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...PC_v1003_11140
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #115
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Links

English
Français
Tried it, paged very fast through 4 chapters both with touch screen and keys, no problem at all.
Also paged through the books' list VERY fast, previuosly, it crashed often when I didn't wait for each page to appear before requesting following pages, now it doesn't any more.

Last edited by seabee; 12-09-2011 at 06:33 PM.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #116
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
That sounds promising! I've been considering this reader as an upgrade to my PB360, and the firmware release before christmas might sway me, especially with the hack I read about yesterday for file organization.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote