Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
iTunes book locations

I just converted a large number of books (roughly 2000) to epub format and had Calibre automatically add them to itunes for syncing to my ipad.

When Calibre created the epubs, where where they physically stored on my computer? I have looked in the Calibre folder and did not see a separate folder for the epubs. Are the epubs created by calibre and then stored under the various authors in the Calibre folder or does itunes stick them somewhere?

I have some ebooks cause errors when itunes tries to sync them with my iPad so I wanted to physically look at these books.

Thanks.
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I believe the books are by author. If you have a .mobi and an .epub for the same author, they will be in the same folder. Didn't you just look in the folder(s)?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you follow the directions in the FAQ, iTunes uses the epubs already in the calibre database, stored by author.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote