Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #31
speck
speck began at the beginning.

Device: Illiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I honestly have no idea what it's doing. Can you delete the folder, unzip a new copy, and run it. If it doesn't work, can you post your output.txt?
Thanks for your reply! I've deleted the folder, unzipped again, and still the same results. Also my output.txt is empty. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 AM   #32
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
Thanks for your reply! I've deleted the folder, unzipped again, and still the same results. Also my output.txt is empty. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
What firmware version are you running? Where are you running the program from? There should always be something in the output.txt... Try downloading it again and put it in the root of your compact flash card.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #33
speck
speck began at the beginning.

Device: Illiad
Quote:
What firmware version are you running? Where are you running the program from? There should always be something in the output.txt... Try downloading it again and put it in the root of your compact flash card.
Ok, I now get 16 comics, and there's about 3 pages of listings. Is there a way of choosing what comics I'd want?

Thanks again for your help.
speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 PM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
Ok, I now get 16 comics, and there's about 3 pages of listings. Is there a way of choosing what comics I'd want?

Thanks again for your help.
Here you go:

Quote:
The comics displayed and order is determined by a cookie. I've included a cookie that has a few that I like. If you wish to add more or change the order, you'll need to do the following.
  1. Visit http://high5.net/comic/
  2. Expand and order the comics as you like
  3. Copy your cookies.txt (~/.mozilla/firefox/profile/ on your linux pc if you use firefox) to /mnt/free/books/Comics/ on your iLiad

Windows IE users will need to use the export cookies function of their browser. Windows and Firefox should be in "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile"
Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #35
mugabenp
mugabenp began at the beginning.

Device: treo/plucker/650
Quote:
Here you go:
I have the same problem. Here is my Output: I have cut off the successful links and I the last bit seems to be giving some information but I don't know what to do.

0K .......... ....... 100% 84.65 KB/s

15:51:08 (84.65 KB/s) - `formcartoon_4749_7e990dd34c7878a473767542f4f6bd2c 664e47d0.gif' saved [17924/17924]

FINISHED --15:51:08--
Downloaded: 1,100,937 bytes in 18 files
Converting index.html... 17-111
Converted 1 files in 0.064 seconds.
(CN_W)main.c:545,on_sigchld() -- entry connectionMgr
(CN_W)main.c:559,on_sigchld() -- leave connectionMgr
(CN_W)system.c:53,fork_exec() WIFEXITED [1]
(CN_W)system.c:56,fork_exec() WEXITSTATUS [0]
(CN_W)main.c:460,main() exit connectionMgr [0]
/mnt/free/Comics/fetch.sh: 20: /usr/local/programs/FBReader/fbreader.sh: Permission denied
mugabenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #36
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugabenp View Post
I have the same problem. Here is my Output: I have cut off the successful links and I the last bit seems to be giving some information but I don't know what to do.

0K .......... ....... 100% 84.65 KB/s

15:51:08 (84.65 KB/s) - `formcartoon_4749_7e990dd34c7878a473767542f4f6bd2c 664e47d0.gif' saved [17924/17924]

FINISHED --15:51:08--
Downloaded: 1,100,937 bytes in 18 files
Converting index.html... 17-111
Converted 1 files in 0.064 seconds.
(CN_W)main.c:545,on_sigchld() -- entry connectionMgr
(CN_W)main.c:559,on_sigchld() -- leave connectionMgr
(CN_W)system.c:53,fork_exec() WIFEXITED/usr/local/programs/FBReader/fbreader.sh [1]
(CN_W)system.c:56,fork_exec() WEXITSTATUS [0]
(CN_W)main.c:460,main() exit connectionMgr [0]
/mnt/free/Comics/fetch.sh: 20: /usr/local/programs/FBReader/fbreader.sh: Permission denied
Is your CF card formatted with fat?

To fix the problem, download mrxvt and type the following (Note the Capitol Letters):

Code:
chmod a+x /usr/local/programs/FBReader/fbreader.sh
Old 03-23-2008, 04:11 AM   #37
Rico
Not Even Close To a Geek!
Rico began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Post Can't get it to work, either.

I unzipped the file to the iLiad then ran it.
It connected & downloaded the cartoons. It came back to the content lister & it's item said it was updated. Fbreader didn't open. I pressed the cartoon program again, the screen just flashed & came back.
I checked the output file:
/mnt/free/Comics/fetch.sh: 20: /usr/local/programs/FBReader/fbreader.sh: not found

But the FBreader folder shows when the iLiad is connected via USB to the PC

I also tried your Loaders file. I still just get a screen flash & back to the content lister.

Oh, the iLiad is running 2.12.

Thanks

Rico
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #38
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

If you're using the latest version of FBReader, you'll need to modify the fetch.sh file.

Open it up in notepad on your computer

replace:
Code:
/usr/local/programs/FBReader/fbreader.sh
with:
Code:
/usr/bin/fbreader.sh
It appears in that file twice.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #39
Rico
Not Even Close To a Geek!
Rico began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Post My Next Question ...

Thanks Adam,

That and reinstalling FBReader got it working.

I'm not having the same luck with choosing the comics, though.

I used Firefox to go to the comic site and replaced the comics.txt file in the Comics directory on the iLiad with the one from Firefox. Was that what I was supposed to do? I don't quite understand what yuou were referring to by "/mnt/free/books/Comics/" Do I need a shell program to get there?
I don't know anything about Linyx. (I managed the Mobireader font change, but that was it.)

Rico
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #40
DonLimpio
DonLimpio began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad Book Edition
Hi great work!!!

is it possible to dowload whit your application other webpages

e.g: http://xfruits.com/abrazp/?id=59076

i'm italian .. i love american/english comics but sometimes i like italian's too
DonLimpio is offline   Reply With Quote