Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
EditorDAN
EditorDAN began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Dances With Wolves eBook

ZOVA Books is proud to announce the release of the 20th Anniversary Edition of "Dances With Wolves" on NOOK!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...es+with+wolves

I reread this book recently and, I think, I enjoyed it even more than when it came out. As usual, the book out shines the movie, which says a lot. Author Michael Blake, who also wrote the screenplay, has a gift for words across many formats. I rocketed through the book like I couldn't wait to see what happens... But I already knew!

It was an honor to be able to work on this.
EditorDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello and welcome to MobileRead.

It's easy to jump to conclusions with your avatar name, but specifically - are you the publisher of this book?

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Dan. But does Kova Books really hold rights to this 20-year-old book? If not, it is still within copyright, not in the public domain, and you are performing illegally, putting B&N at high risk, and stand in line for heavy-duty prosecution for copyright infringement. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
EditorDAN

We do hold the digital print rights. It is very exciting. Thank you for the warm welcome!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
littledonnie
100% Italian
littledonnie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello from Italy! I love westerns. Dances With Wolves is great and I will download it in the future. Sounds amazing you got to e-publish it. I didn't even know the author was still alive! Good for Zova and good for my Kindle (sorry you have a nook)...hehehe
littledonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
EditorDAN

Thank you. Mr. Blake is alive and well, with so many stories to tell. "Dances With Wolves" is one of those books that is still referenced. And the story behind its writing is great. ZOVA is very privileged to have him.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I remember right the screenplay was written first for Dances with Wolves. A Hollywood insider convinced the author to turn it into a book... so he did just that. Then what do ya know - they made the book into a movie. Gold!
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
littledonnie
100% Italian
littledonnie began at the beginning.

That guy needs to get a cut of the movie deal then. I don't remember if it made a lot of money when it was out, but I'm sure it has sold a lot of DVDs and such since!
littledonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
EditorDAN

Dodge,
The story behind is actually included in the new forward by Mr. Blake. It's a good story.

Tags
blake, dances with wolves, new release, nook, zova