Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
NOTLguy
NOTLguy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Trouble geting Reader to appear in Reader Software

I have a PRS-650 and have downloaded both Sony Reader software and Calibre. I turn on my reader and connect it to the computer with the supplied USB cable. It does not appear in the left side column as a Reader in the Sony Reader software. Also, in Calibre, it does not appear to be active when I try and send a book to the device.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have to register the device on the computer in order for it to be seen?

Regards,
Bill

Last edited by NOTLguy; 12-08-2010 at 10:48 AM.
NOTLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Is your Reader turned on or is it turned off (not in sleep mode)?

Are you using the USB cable that came with the Reader? Another alternative is to try a different USB port on your computer.

The device should be seen without being registered first.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
NOTLguy
NOTLguy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
The device is turned on, and I have tried several ports. When the reader turns on it boots normally. When I plug in the Sony USB cord, it goes into charge mode. It cannot be seen in Wimdows Explorer or in Calibre or Sony Reader software. Even when fully charged it does not appear and shows at the top of the reader screen that a USB connection is present.

Regards,
Bill
NOTLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried a different cable? Different USB port? Different computer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote