Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #16
el_brio
Enthusiast
el_brio began at the beginning.

Device: Commodore 64
The Timbuk 2 case on Amazon is great. I sent back an Oberon and got this one (the Oberon was very nice but was a bit heavy for me... I like to read it naked)
http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle...6400494&sr=8-6
el_brio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
kermalou
kermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3
I just ordered this from Amazon, hoping its decent:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
kermalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
anmend43
anmend43 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I use a bubblewrap mailer. Works great, great shock absorbtion from the couple of times I've dropped it. And it cost nothing since I just reused the mailer from something I received. And it has the added bonus of people don't realize a kindle inside so it's far less likely to be stolen.
anmend43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #19
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it easy to break the Kindle 3 screen? Looking for a hard case to protect my Kindle 3

Would this be the best choice:

http://www.ipearl-inc.com/kindle3.html

Last edited by SunLight; 10-06-2010 at 06:17 PM.
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
@ Skipower
There are elastic loops for all 4 corners, which I thought were visible in the photo? I did a shake test over the couch when I first put it in the case today and it was all good.
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
@skipower, sorry I just reread your comment and I misunderstood. The bottom two loops are in fact not elastic, just the top two.
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #22
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
This might be a minute necro but I got my Kindle 3 Bundle monster case today.
It's the same as the otlers with 4 elastic straps. It is pretty light but sturdy.
I gave it a minor shake and it holds well. I then set forth to give slightly bigger shakes and still the Kindle didn't move. I don't have the guts to fling the case around holding just the cover.
It's a good buy imo.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote