Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It sounds like it might have corrupted the file system. Connect it directly to your Mac (not through a USB hub), and see if it shows up in the System Profiler (Apple Menu/About this Mac/More Info/USB). If it does, you could try disk Utility - I'm not sure if it handles verifying/repairing Win32 volumes, but you could try.

Otherwise, try the same thing on a Windows system - I just don't know how to check for USB connectivity or where the disk checking program is on Windows.

It's normal for the CyBook to go to the 'Connected...' screen as soon as the USB cable is plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel View Post
Hi
It did come up briefly on a windows machine at uni briefly but then the windows system crashed. When I tried it today it just came up with USB device not recognized. What's more I have never been able to get it to work on my mac.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!!!!!!!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #17
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Also, there is no harm in pressing the reset button on the back of the Cybook. My Mac recognizes the Cybook and SD card as 2 devices.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You may well have a faulty USB cable. Do you have another "mini USB" cable that you could try? It is a standard cable, and widely supplied with mobile phones, digital cameras, etc.

You say that your CyBook is showing "Connected" when it's not. Press the "Reset" button on the back (using the point of a pen, for example), and then switch the machine on again - that should sort out that problem for you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
chel
chel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the advice. I am at uni at present and do not have my cybook with me but, as soon as I get home I will certainly try everything you suggested.

I have tried charging it for a long period but not with an ac adapter so that is worth a go.

In response to pdurrant, I did try looking in the system profiler to see if it showed up and I tried disk utility, it showed up in neither. Does that make sense to anyone?
chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If your file system is corrupt, reflashing with the "reformat the internal partition" version of the firmware reflasher should sort it out for you.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #21
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chel View Post
In response to pdurrant, I did try looking in the system profiler to see if it showed up and I tried disk utility, it showed up in neither. Does that make sense to anyone?
I used to have a Cybook, which wouldn't show up on my Mac.

Inserting an SD card into the Cybook solved it for me.

Regards,
Adelheid
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
One other thing, if you are connecting (or trying to) via a hub, try a direct connection. On my mini, it doesn't seem to make any difference but you never know.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
gomp
gomp began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
I'm having the same problem. If I connect the cybook to a pc with winxp it shows up, but when I connect it to my macbook nothing happens. If I go into the system profiler it is found to be connected under usb high-speed bus (it says cybook gen3), but it doesn't mount as a drive.
gomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomp View Post
I'm having the same problem. If I connect the cybook to a pc with winxp it shows up, but when I connect it to my macbook nothing happens. If I go into the system profiler it is found to be connected under usb high-speed bus (it says cybook gen3), but it doesn't mount as a drive.
Can you see it with Disk Utility? Sometimes when a drive doesn't mount it will show up there and you can access it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #25
gomp
gomp began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
Thanks for the tip. I've checked the disk utility, but it doesn't show up anywhere but in the system profiler. So I know it is connected (no faulty cable) it's just not detected or mounted.

I contacted support at bookeen and they told me that there's a bug in the latest software concerning mac connectivity and that they are working on a fix. So I will just have to sync it with my pc at work for now.
gomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #26
ezahn
ezahn began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Same problem. My macs (3...) do not recognize at all my brand new Cybook with the latest (b820) firmware.

EPIC FAILURE for Bookeen!
ezahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezahn View Post
Same problem. My macs (3...) do not recognize at all my brand new Cybook with the latest (b820) firmware.

=Did you try Calibre?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
=Did you try Calibre?
If the Mac OS doesn't mount it, Calibre also won't be able to see it.

BOb
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezahn View Post

Why do you assume that the "failure" lies with Bookeen and not Apple?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why do you assume that the "failure" lies with Bookeen and not Apple?
Did you read message 25 above?

BOb

Tags
connect, cybook, mac, usb