Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Well, I'm a female, although certainly not your target audience.

NOTHING could induce me to buy the second cover's book. I'd take a very hard look at the first, however, and possibly buy, even though the stated genre isn't one I'd normally consider.

I suspect that the second cover appeals to "girlier" women; women who would read romance novels, like HEA, and all that. The first has, to my eye, more open options in terms of how it turns out.

FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:17 AM   #17
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Second one.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's that little bit of art that goes (by extension and imagination) toward the neck.

Perhaps get rid of that imaginative connection and the two pieces of art would appear as separate entities.

However, having said that, I still prefer the first cover.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:04 AM   #19
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I'm a woman, and reads mostly science fiction and fantasy, but also other stuff, including romance with happily ever after-endings.

The first cover make me think of Seanan McGuire and Lois McMaster Bujold. I'd expect it to be centered around action, the protagonist trying to prevent disasters or saving people. I'd expect the comet dust to be literal, and probably the main threat.

The second cover looks more philosophical or contemplative. I'd expect a book mostly about the protagonist's inner journey. Here, the comet dust might be figurative.

I'd be more likely to read the first one than the second one.

In both cases, I'd probably put the book back on the shelf when I noticed "Apocalyptic Christian Fiction". I do read apocalyptic fiction (though mostly post-apocalyptic), and books where the protagonist have different religious beliefs from me, but in a book with "Christian" on the cover I'd expect the religious message to be so strong that it would be jarring for non-Christians. (But I know that this is a predudice, so if the book came with a recommendation from someone who had tastes similar to mine, I'd try it anyway.)
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #20
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Vive la différence.

Just sayin'.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:20 AM   #21
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I'm a woman, and reads mostly science fiction and fantasy, but also other stuff, including romance with happily ever after-endings.

The first cover make me think of Seanan McGuire and Lois McMaster Bujold. I'd expect it to be centered around action, the protagonist trying to prevent disasters or saving people. I'd expect the comet dust to be literal, and probably the main threat.

The second cover looks more philosophical or contemplative. I'd expect a book mostly about the protagonist's inner journey. Here, the comet dust might be figurative.

I'd be more likely to read the first one than the second one.

In both cases, I'd probably put the book back on the shelf when I noticed "Apocalyptic Christian Fiction". I do read apocalyptic fiction (though mostly post-apocalyptic), and books where the protagonist have different religious beliefs from me, but in a book with "Christian" on the cover I'd expect the religious message to be so strong that it would be jarring for non-Christians. (But I know that this is a predudice, so if the book came with a recommendation from someone who had tastes similar to mine, I'd try it anyway.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Vive la différence.

Just sayin'.
Well said, both of you.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote