Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #226
mathcow
mathcow began at the beginning.

Device: i62HD Firefly
Hey Booxter,

I'm loving the new i62hd firefly I purchased but recently the moon light has stopped working. Manually activating it from the settings menu does nothing, nor does using the back button (though I can toggle the off/on button under the manual settings with the back button). I've tried powering down/up and resetting the reader to no avail.

I'm going to try to install another firmware to see if this fixes the problem, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I might be missing?
mathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #227
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcow View Post
Hey Booxter,

I'm loving the new i62hd firefly I purchased but recently the moon light has stopped working. Manually activating it from the settings menu does nothing, nor does using the back button (though I can toggle the off/on button under the manual settings with the back button). I've tried powering down/up and resetting the reader to no avail.

I'm going to try to install another firmware to see if this fixes the problem, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I might be missing?
I have reported your issue to our ingeneers. In any case your device is under warranty and if we can't solve your problem by software, we will replace it.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #228
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Is it possible to get some British or French voices for the text to speech app ?
Also the sound of the text to speech app is saturated at least in my device. How could I fix that. For the moment it is unusable, because very unpleasant to listen to.

Thank you.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #229
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Is it possible to get some British or French voices for the text to speech app ?
Also the sound of the text to speech app is saturated at least in my device. How could I fix that. For the moment it is unusable, because very unpleasant to listen to.

Thank you.
Interesting
And what about Spanish one?
Is there any project with Acapella or Loquendo? (I supposse not Ivona as Ivona has and accord with polish Arta Tech)

But IMHO there are more urgent issues as and update to Coolreader and FBreader
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #230
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Interesting
But IMHO there are more urgent issues as and update to Coolreader and FBreader
I agree it is not the highest priority. But I thought I would mention it in passing as the goal is to make this device the best it can be and, why not, the best on the market !
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #231
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Months ago Booxstor said, that Onyx will/plans to improve TTS. We'll see. I agree, the most important is to complete the pdf reader, then improve SW for epub.

TTS might be nice, but trully said I've never really used it. I only tried once or twice...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #232
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
TTS is more of a toy, a gimmick, even when done well it's still a heartless robot reading stuff, it might suffice for an instruction manual or a technical paper but for proper literature it's just no good. And just yesterday I was listening to a TTS demo in italian, where the "voice actor", obviously an amateur and possibly not even a native speaker wrongly accented some very common italian words. The company marketing their TTS enchanced device better take care of that before tackling the italian market...
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #233
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
I'm studying french, and I would appreciate listen in french. tts is useless right now, but can be updated the audio book possibility: in internet there are lots of free mp3 books, read by humans, which no tts may equals in quality.
It should be easier update controls for playback audio while reading a book and result would be better.

have a good night
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #234
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

IMHO is more important updating Coolreader. We have in our Onyx Boox release 3.0.51-28 (October 2011 in Coolreader download web) while I have seen 3.0.57-15 (may 2012) in an unofficial firmware for Jinke Hanlin V3+ (yes a very old ereader but its a community unofficial firmware of course). I suposse some CR3 bugs should be patched in current releases and perhaps a few features added.
Perhaps is there any problem with Boox SDK and newer CR doesn't compile?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #235
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hello to all,
past few days I have a problem with i62hd firefly.
It doesn't store the settings and bookmarks. Doesn't store more recent documents, and each time, I have to find the book in the folders and then set the font, size, and in short, everything. And there is no trace of bookmarks.
In the settings, you can only change the language.
I installed OTFM file manager, but I did just move fonts and dictionaries, nothing else.

I tried to fix it with firmware that Bookstor left for TuDo ? So I ended up with firmware 1.7 (I had 1.8 to start), and even with this firmware, the settings do not work.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm losing my patience and take the reader to read has become very irritating to me.
Bookstor please, if you read give me some advice how to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #236
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I am not sure, but the problem might be not suffitient memory in system partition.

You wrote you had moved fonts and dictionaries (I guess to system partition). I do not know how much memory you used there, but maybe too much. There is an script in M92 (and most probably also in Firefly) that checks on startup amount of free space in system partition and if it is below certain treshold it erases some "unneeded" data, like settings, recent documents, maybe also bookmarks...

Try to move dictionaries back to user partition. There is no need to have them in system partition, it is much better to have them user partition (less work to install, easier to maintain, ...).

Maybe that the same is the truth for fonts, but I am not sure...

If this is not the cause, then it might hardware problem.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #237
Manolo
Addict

Interesting, Mono.
I only want to add that dictionaries can be moved to user partition, but fonts must be in system partition (perhaps if they are in user partition works in FBReader but definitively not in Coolreader, as was reported previously in this thread as a CR bug).
So I would move dictionaries and left the fonts (and dictionaries are bigger than fonts, usually).

Last edited by Manolo; 01-14-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #238
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Try to move dictionaries back to user partition. There is no need to have them in system partition, it is much better to have them user partition (less work to install, easier to maintain, ...).

Maybe that the same is the truth for fonts, but I am not sure...

If this is not the cause, then it might hardware problem.
Thank you for the reply Mono ,

Yes, there were many fonts and dictionaries, but the system did not see them, even if they was moved to system folders, the system ignored them.
Then I deleted them and the settings still worked. Just a little bit 'of days later, the settings have stopped working.
I also thought that language change worked, but it didn't. If I turn off the player, then turn it on, settings returned in English.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #239
Manolo
Addict

I thi k there is a maximum fonts number
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #240
Entomos
Entomos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly 256MB
Ciao, nausica
i agree with manolo,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
I thi k there is a maximum fonts number
... have you tried to delete some fonts you usually avoid to use and then replace them with yours?
Entomos is offline   Reply With Quote