Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #76
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Open your browser app and type in Amazon app store it should search for the link needed to download it again.

It uses the stock browser but you can use other browsers. I use Dolphin Mini and Opera Mini as my browsers. I don't care for the stock one.
Got it figured out now. Weird the only way to get the Amazon App store back is through the browser on the android. Any other app you can get on the computer to send to the android. Won't be deleted that again.

Will this automatically update apps now?

Last edited by new; 12-12-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Figured it out now
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
In case anyone is interested, pictures turn out pretty good. A friend asked me to take pics with the SMP5 cause she wants to get one and was curious about pics. My little bird looked pretty cute in the pictures. Funny I couldn't get the camcorder figured out, I touched and nothing. Guess I better read how it works, lol.

Also you can crop the pictures, which I usually do to get some closeups. Pretty nice I think.

I wasn't even interested in the camera part til my friend asked me about it. She was interested in the radio, which I don't really use, but it is there.
The Camera does okay. I didn't realize it had flashed till I snapped a pic of hubby next to me. Man he was mad. Poor guy. I kept apologizing while he saw spots. The Camcorder has a light even and there is a front camera for self portraits.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #78
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
? .. when you turn the pages when reading on SGP5, do the bottom buttons light up each time? I heard they do but I think that may have been on a earlier model..
Thanks,
Doug
I have the SGP3.6 (am partial to a teeny device and like to read with it turned in landscape mode) and when I page turn on either Kindle or Aldiko by tapping the screen, those home, back, and menu screen-buttons (not sure what to call them) light up. Annoying! But when I use the volume buttons to turn pages, they do not.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #79
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
I have the SGP3.6 (am partial to a teeny device and like to read with it turned in landscape mode) and when I page turn on either Kindle or Aldiko by tapping the screen, those home, back, and menu screen-buttons (not sure what to call them) light up. Annoying! But when I use the volume buttons to turn pages, they do not.
How do you use the volume buttons to turn pages? When I tried it, I got the volume control popup to adjust volume.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #80
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
How do you use the volume buttons to turn pages? When I tried it, I got the volume control popup to adjust volume.
In either Kindle or Aldiko app, I simply press the down button to advance the book and the up button to retract the book. these are the volume buttons on the player itself. I suppose it might help that I read the book in landscape orientation.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You need to enable it under settings of the app for it to work.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #82
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You need to enable it under settings of the app for it to work.
Which apps do this? Also does the Kindle book reader do TSS? I don't think so. Haven't tried yet.

I just downloaded some free ebooks from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...text/154606011 to the SMGP5, how cool is that? Sorry I like digital toys.

I was reading a book on the little this morning. Not bad at all.

By the way I still haven't adjusted to the TPU case covering the power and volume buttons. I can't feel them in the dark.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Which apps do this? Also does the Kindle book reader do TSS? I don't think so. Haven't tried yet.

I just downloaded some free ebooks from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...text/154606011 to the SMGP5, how cool is that? Sorry I like digital toys.

I was reading a book on the little this morning. Not bad at all.

By the way I still haven't adjusted to the TPU case covering the power and volume buttons. I can't feel them in the dark.
Kindle app, Mantano and Aldiko and I think CoolReader, Probably Moon Reader too but you have to enable it in the settings area of the app.

I love reading on mine. I use the Nokia Pure Font and a grey background. Right now I am doing my 12 days of Christmas books reading for the year.

The best way to find the buttons is to feel for the grip side and remember they located right above it.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #84
new

Quote:
Kindle app, Mantano and Aldiko and I think CoolReader, Probably Moon Reader too but you have to enable it in the settings area of the app.

I love reading on mine. I use the Nokia Pure Font and a grey background. Right now I am doing my 12 days of Christmas books reading for the year.

The best way to find the buttons is to feel for the grip side and remember they located right above it.
Thanks Blossom, I sometimes pull the SGMP out of the case upside down so I am way off finding the power and volume buttons.

I tried the volume button to turn pages and the lights on the botton still light up every page turn. Someone said it doesn't, mine does. So I won't be turning pages that way. It makes a clicking noise too, so I will use my trusty finger to turn pages.

Something weird is I find the PW doesn't respond to page turning as well as SGMP or the KFHD. Must be the extra layer on the PW glass.

Another weird thing I found is Kindle App doesn't have a TSS option! What?

Moon + is working fine for me now and has TSS. Does any reader read Mobi drm books? I might like to listen to TSS. I know Moon doesn't.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom, I sometimes pull the SGMP out of the case upside down so I am way off finding the power and volume buttons.

I tried the volume button to turn pages and the lights on the botton still light up every page turn. Someone said it doesn't, mine does. So I won't be turning pages that way. It makes a clicking noise too, so I will use my trusty finger to turn pages.

Something weird is I find the PW doesn't respond to page turning as well as SGMP or the KFHD. Must be the extra layer on the PW glass.

Another weird thing I found is Kindle App doesn't have a TSS option! What?

Moon + is working fine for me now and has TSS. Does any reader read Mobi drm books? I might like to listen to TSS. I know Moon doesn't.
Just the Kindle app and you have to use the Fire for TSS. They wont give that luxury to an app. Mantano has TSS for epubs though.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #86
new

Quote:
Just the Kindle app and you have to use the Fire for TSS. They wont give that luxury to an app. Mantano has TSS for epubs though.
That is pretty lousy of them (Kindle App).

Moon + has the text to speech.

Go Launcher EX I downloaded on the SGP5, then I sideloaded to KFHD, no go. It shows it is installed (did it several times) but doesn't show in Apps.

What is going on?

I hate carousal. KFHD is kinda ticking me off lately.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
That is pretty lousy of them (Kindle App).

Moon + has the text to speech.

Go Launcher EX I downloaded on the SGP5, then I sideloaded to KFHD, no go. It shows it is installed (did it several times) but doesn't show in Apps.

What is going on?

I hate carousal. KFHD is kinda ticking me off lately.
Careful that app broke my first KF. I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with the New KFs.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #88
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
I used Go Launcher on the original Fire and loved it. I think members on Kindleboards have said the ADW launcher is working on the newest versions of Fire.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #89
new

Quote:
Careful that app broke my first KF. I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with the New KFs.

Oh no broke it???

I thought I read it works on KFHD, guess I was reading about the KF.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #90
new

Quote:
I used Go Launcher on the original Fire and loved it. I think members on Kindleboards have said the ADW launcher is working on the newest versions of Fire.
Thanks Tabatha, I will download that and try it from GP. Kindleboards, is that amazon site?