Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
lulalullah
Enthusiast
lulalullah began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
B&N Stella Light: battery life

Hi All,

I'm looking for information about battery life with CR2032 batteries such as those used in Barnes & Noble Stella light (requires 2 batteries). I'm a die hard insomniac and read most of every night and would like to know how long they would last in continuous use. Currently, I have a M-Edge light that requires one AAA battery. I use rechargeable batteries and each last about 6 hours. Besides the fact that I would like to get rid of the cover and have an overall lighter solution (no pun intended), I like the idea of a warmer LED lighting that the Stella is supposed to have.

I think that the ideal solution is to buy a Nook Glow Light but currently I don't have the means to do so therefore I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for any info or suggestion you can provide.

Last edited by lulalullah; 07-15-2012 at 11:30 AM.
lulalullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
All lamplights spend a huge amount of energy. I´m like you, and CR232 batteries don´t last long, maybe 10 hours or so. If you can get a Verso rechargeable light. They´re expensive and heavy but well worth the cost... I switched to the Glow just because of this!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Verso-Recharge...light+for+nook
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
lulalullah
Enthusiast

Hi susaz,

Thanks for your input and confirming my suspicion that CR2032 batteries would not be a long term economically viable solution for insomniac users. I rather stick with my single rechargeable AAA battery for now and have already started saving for a lighted e-reader (sigh: my NST is only 9-month old. I guess it's how the life of the digital world is supposed to be.).

I heard that Sony will launch their Sony PRS-T2 soon and also that Amazon too would launch a lighted Kindle. Hopefully, one of these will use something like a flex lighting film instead of a top row LEDs like in the Nook Glow so that the illumination could be completely uniform and the surface less fragile.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulalullah View Post
Hi susaz,

Thanks for your input and confirming my suspicion that CR2032 batteries would not be a long term economically viable solution for insomniac users. I rather stick with my single rechargeable AAA battery for now and have already started saving for a lighted e-reader (sigh: my NST is only 9-month old. I guess it's how the life of the digital world is supposed to be.).

I heard that Sony will launch their Sony PRS-T2 soon and also that Amazon too would launch a lighted Kindle. Hopefully, one of these will use something like a flex lighting film instead of a top row LEDs like in the Nook Glow so that the illumination could be completely uniform and the surface less fragile.
Oh, I wish the T2 to come with lightning... The software is so much better than the Nook... But it seems that´s not happening at least for the time being...
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
lulalullah
Enthusiast

Yes, I agree with you and would add an extra condition: a matte frame. I can't stand glossy frames... Too distracting.